Viewing: 1-5 of 5
JanG

JanG - Oct 5, 2009 7:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Pictures, as usual

Dow:

You really know everything about those fabulous mountains. So here is a question: where is Centre Peak within the Bugaboo range? Last year the CMH guides took us by helicopter to the base of this awesome peak nested deep in the Provincial park. We climbed a 5.6 route and it is quite memorable as you are reaching the summit; namely, just below the top there is a dramatic 5-6 feet long by 1 foot wide flat " ramp" with dramatic drops on either side. I cannot find any link to this peak, maybe it is known by another name. I have a link to the YouTube video filmed on that ramp. HELP!

Cheers

JanG

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Oct 5, 2009 9:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Pictures, as usual

Thanks and good to hear from you Jan. Centre Peak is part of that Vowell Group directly north of the popular Bug Spires (behind Crescent and Bugaboo). It takes a long approach to set up camp back in there and then most of the established routes are short and in the mid 5th class range so they don't receive a lot of attention. I would not mind exploring the area one of these trips. Need to tick off a few more of the longer harder routes on the Howsers and Snowpatch first though. Cheers.

spencerclimbs - Aug 5, 2015 6:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Guidebook

Any advice on where to get the guidebook from the States? I can't find it online anywhere...

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Aug 5, 2015 8:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Guidebook

they are expensive Spencer when someone is willing to part...I will check around with my partnerss and clients...how much are willing to pay for one?...folks usually want quite a bit

rl23455

rl23455 - Aug 28, 2017 3:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Kain Hut

Water treatment is broken. Bring a filter for the hut. Kitchen sanitation is poor.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Bugaboo Climbs' main page