Cameron Cone Comments

Any books?

Gracias, don't give out
Posted Jul 25, 2004 7:10 pm

mmoerkUntitled Comment

mmoerk

Diego,

There are no books featuring Cameron Cone that I'm aware of. If I find any I'll be sure to add them.

Thanks for visiting and for your vote.

-Mike

Posted Jul 25, 2004 7:39 pm

mmoerkUntitled Comment

mmoerk

Colonelpyat, thanks for stopping by and voting!

-Mike

Posted Jul 25, 2004 7:36 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I reluctantly give 4 stars for all the effort.....but why would anyone want to climb this mountain?
Posted Jul 25, 2004 7:46 pm

csmcgranahanRe: Untitled Comment

csmcgranahan

Because we look at it everyday in Colorado Springs - it dominates the skyline along with Pikes Peak - and "Because it's there!"
Posted Mar 14, 2006 5:01 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Your overview is perfect. Nice page.
Posted Jul 25, 2004 10:35 pm

mmoerkUntitled Comment

mmoerk

Thanks, Kane. And thanks for the feedback on the photos as well.

-Mike

Posted Jul 25, 2004 11:48 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Having lived in the Springs one year, I thought about this mountain from time to time. My! What a route! But a description as good as yours gets four stars easy. Well written and prepped, with good route photos (your photo software might brighten the rock picture to illustrate the route better). These obscure mountains with tough routes need to be handled with TLC, which you have done very well here.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 9:02 am

mmoerkUntitled Comment

mmoerk

Thanks, Aaron. For a while now I've been determined to find a way up this mountain. I figured I'd probably fail the first couple attempts without good beta. I had designs on climbing Cheyenne Mountain as well... found a map that had a couple of "faint/historic trails" on it... but found nothing but "Private Property" signs where the trails were marked. For some reason, there's something about seeing these mountains every day that make me really want to climb them :-).

Good advice on brushing up the route photo... I'll give that a shot.

-Mike

Posted Jul 26, 2004 10:08 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page. Cheers William
Posted Jul 26, 2004 9:12 am

ashumackUntitled Comment

ashumack

I've seen this peak many times and wondered how to get up there. I'll definitely have to check it out now!
Posted Jul 26, 2004 6:39 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very cool page! Great job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 2, 2004 11:25 pm

shanrickvUntitled Comment

shanrickv

Great page! I very "unreluctantly" give it "4 stars." Looking forward to standing on top of this rock in the spring, 2005.
Posted Nov 8, 2004 11:48 pm

BeginnerClimberRoute Page?

BeginnerClimber

Hi there! I'm planning on doing Cameron this weekend.

I also hiked up Cameron Cone in the summer of 05 with a friend of mine. Just like everyone else, we had problems coming down! (tore my clothes bushwacking, coming up on cliffs, hiking back up to find the trail, etc) :) My friend had a printout with pictures, and I could have sworn it was from summitpost. However, I don't see anything here.

So, is there a detailed route description somewhere? I know about crossing the river, scrambling up the scree, finding the trail heading west, and Magog and Gog. However, from there, I don't know.
Posted May 27, 2008 4:30 pm

BeginnerClimberRe: Route Page?

BeginnerClimber

Uh, found it... duh!
Posted May 27, 2008 4:59 pm

tree9616Climbing Cameron Cone

tree9616

I stayed in Manitou Springs at the old Taoist community, The Stillpoint Foundation that was at the end of Ruxton Ave. I was there for only about a week during the summer of 1974, but it was one of those more "memorable" times I've ever had ... and most of the time I was actually by myself. One day I did get way close to the top of Cameron's Cone and another day, I got up about half way on the Barr Trail. I so enjoyed the area that i've often wondered why I ever came back to the Southeast. One thing, if I hadn't done that, I would never have met the girl who become the best friend/wife I could ask for.
Posted Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

tree9616Climbing Cameron Cone

tree9616

Posted Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

KieferRe: Climbing Cameron Cone

Kiefer

Wow tree9616. I have to say, I really enjoyed reading this. That's quite a story and one to be proud of. Every once in a while, you read snippets like this but not often.
Ever think of returning back to Co. Springs/Manitou for another visit?
Posted Oct 24, 2014 5:46 am