Viewing: 1-5 of 5
FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Mar 30, 2008 5:33 pm - Voted 10/10

As usual

...well done Bob.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 31, 2008 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: As usual

Thank you! This trip will have to be my mountains fix until Montana this July. It was a great trip-- very different mountains, but challenging and beautiful in different ways.

tanya

tanya - Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Zion Rules!

Good choice while there. This is a fun one and good in the spring when its still chilly. What other hikes/climbs did you do while in Zion this trip?

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 31, 2008 6:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Zion Rules!

It was warm the day I did it! Sun and mid-70s. Very nice.

On Sunday, I tried but failed to climb Tabernacle Dome. Monday morning, after doing Checkerboard (on the page I made, I put links to your site and about your north face route, by the way), and then my wife and I hiked to the Canyon Overlook, from which I did this route by myself.

That afternoon, we did Angels Landing. I didn't really want to, as it's too crowded for me and I hate the cables (and the lines on them, though I just scrambled around them), but my wife wanted to do it. The exposure at the start of the last part got to her, though (she's also halfway through a pregnancy, which might have played a role), so I ended uo top alone. It was late in the day, though, and there really weren't too many people up there. I actually had it to myself for a bit. Many people who started the last part never finished it.

On Tuesday, I did South Ariel by myself at sunrise while my wife explored the washes below. We hiked through Echo Canyon in the afternoon.

On Wednesday, we had to go back to Vegas to catch a flight home.

Anyway, I'll be making a TR about Tabernacle and S. Ariel and adding several pictures from them. I hope to get that done later this week or next week.

It was a great trip, though-- 4 days in Death Valley, 3 in Zion, and perfect weather.

tanya

tanya - Apr 1, 2008 8:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Zion Rules!

Yeah! I love links! Everyone must do Angels Landing - crowds or not! It's classic. ;) That's a people watching trail. I love watching how people react to it. You would be amazed at how many actually hold onto those chains and do it with their eyes shut because they are afraid to look! Doing it that way would scare me! Echo Canyon is really pretty. If you ever get into canyoneering you would love it down in the slot. South Ariel is a nice little scramble. Bo took me up it's neighbor, Aries Butte, Sunday - my first real climb. It was scary and COLD. I am sure glad you have great weather for your trip. :)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Canyon Overlook to East Temple' main page