Viewing: 1-16 of 16
tarol

tarol - Oct 22, 2006 12:56 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks...

...for all the info, I hope to go here someday!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Oct 22, 2006 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks...

Thank you! I think you'll like it-- your photos and pages suggest you would.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Oct 31, 2006 12:21 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent page

Wonderful "cultural" twist on your page.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Oct 31, 2006 12:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page

Thank you very much. It was a learning experience.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 9, 2006 12:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great

Thank you! I hope you get out there. It's a beautiful and humbling place.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 6, 2007 1:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: coords...

Thanks for pointing that out. I really don't know how I did that, but it's fixed now. And thanks for the comment on the shots!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: coords...

Update-- I see that it's the photos that have the bad coordinates. I rarely use them for photos. I must have once used those coordinates for something and then the system automatically kept them for future submissions. I may have hundreds of photos with the same problem. Hopefully, most people will use the links on the main pages!

The change I made was to the main page.

Scott

Scott - Jun 21, 2007 10:33 am - Hasn't voted

Canyon page?

Good page, but perhaps change the page type to "canyon" rather than "area and range".

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Canyon page?

I originally did it that way, but changed it to an area because it is a unit of the park itself. I personally think canyon pages should be for smaller, narrower objects, but that's just my opinion. For example, I haven't checked the Grand Canyon page, but I know I'd have made it an area. Same thing with Black Canyon of the Gunnison, which I think is a canyon page on SP. Anyway, if it seems like a big deal, I'm happy to change it back. You are, after all, maintainer of the Canyonlands page, so I honestly don't want you thinking there are awkward submissions to your page.

Just let me know. As I said, I'm happy to change it back. That would also make the "climbers log" (quite a climb in and out!) reappear.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 21, 2007 11:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Canyon page?

Edit: My mistake-- you're not the Canyonlands page owner, though I thought you were. Still, please tell me what you think concerning my other response.

Scott

Scott - Jun 21, 2007 1:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Canyon page?

I originally did it that way, but changed it to an area because it is a unit of the park itself.

It’s known as the detached unit, but still part of the Maze District (which has a page). It could be a “child” to that page?

I personally think canyon pages should be for smaller, narrower objects, but that's just my opinion. For example, I haven't checked the Grand Canyon page, but I know I'd have made it an area. Same thing with Black Canyon of the Gunnison, which I think is a canyon page on SP.

I agree, but Horseshoe is pretty small compared to those two. Just my own thought.

Anyway, the only reason I made the suggestion is because I couldn’t find the page in the search function under canyons, but remembered that there was a page. I found it through the photos.

Anyway, I added links the Horseshoe page to some of my new route pages, if you wanted to take a look (I noticed you already saw the Bluejohn Page):

route page

I used one of your good photos too, if you don't mind. Lots of cool stuff to see in the area.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 21, 2007 2:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Canyon page?

I didn't know it was part of the Maze and always thought it was a fourth unit, and my maps and guides don't make that clear, but I'll take your word for it. I may know far more about Utah than most other Easterners do, but I think you know at least a tad bit more about it than I do! So I changed it back to a canyon.

And thanks for including the picture. I've read some of the Bluejohn pages but haven't gotten around to all of them yet (not enough break time at work, dammit). The one's I've seen so far are great, though I am a little surprised you posted them. Still, I read your reasoning for it and understand. It must be pretty disappointing when someone tells about your secret places. Then again, why not share when it's public land? Tough question. Many different takes on it.

D-bo

D-bo - Mar 17, 2009 2:43 am - Voted 10/10

Great page

It's tough to describe the wonder of it, but you managed better than I could. The confession/conversion section was a great read. Thanks for sharing!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page

Thank you. Yes, now I have a totally different appreciation of real rock art.

Hawkwind

Hawkwind - Apr 7, 2016 9:00 am - Hasn't voted

Grand

Great write up on a spectacular place...love it there! The rock art is superb and vast....

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 11, 2016 10:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Grand

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Horseshoe Canyon' main page