Viewing: 1-7 of 7
MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm - Voted 10/10

how do you get such sharp pictures?

...with such low light? They are beautiful. I take a waterproof camera with a tiny lens in such areas, but I'm sure I would destroy anything better.

tanya

tanya - Jan 18, 2008 10:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: how do you get such sharp pictures?

Thanks! :)

I have trashed two cameras in canyons so far. The one I use now has a cracked lens and is not in the best of shape... it really gets beat up in there. I am starting to get a good idea of how to take photos in slot canyons but they are tough to photograph! The dark on the bottom and the bright sky are always fighting with each other... and its hard not to have the sky washed out.

So how to do it ..... take lots of photos so you can trash a bunch. ;p

tannerpuma15

tannerpuma15 - Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Orderville is the best

Tanya thanks for the info. I did the canyon much before i found your page but none the less orderville is agreat slot and one of the best that i have done.

tanya

tanya - Jun 19, 2008 12:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Orderville is the best

Orderville Canyon is fun and a canyon that most people can do. Since you are here I a guessing you are a climber. Check out Kolob Canyon, Mystery Canyon (there are others as well) in Zion. Those are two of the ones that are many steps above Orderville. You will love them! I do love Orderville though and add the Zion Narrows to it and it's spectacular!

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Feb 4, 2009 4:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice

work. I've been UP Orderville from the Narrows, never down it.

tanya

tanya - Feb 15, 2009 9:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice

It's a beautiful canyon either way you do it. :)

utahjimk

utahjimk - Jul 30, 2014 11:02 am - Voted 10/10

Mosquito Cove

last time I tried, this camp area was fenced off / camping forbidden.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Orderville Canyon' main page