Carmo Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
cedad

cedad - Feb 13, 2009 6:43 pm Date Climbed: Dec 20, 2008

Carmo again  Sucess!

Huge amount of snow, we can't stay at home. Telephone call at friday evening and 12 hours later we (Enrico and I) are on the right site: Capanne di Carrega, the easiest access point to Mount Carmo from south side with our snow shoes.
We met 4 alpine ski mountaineering and other 2 young people.
Visibility over the Alps was excellent.

cedad

cedad - Jan 28, 2008 5:50 pm Date Climbed: Jan 20, 2008

Capanne di Carrega - Carmo Normal Route Climbed  Sucess!

Clouds over Genova, but pictures from webcams on Antola, Beigua and Aiona showed me a bright sunshine everywhere at an altitude of more than 1000 m and there was snow too, even if temperature was high +8°C.
A telephone call to friends and 5 of us (plus one dog) went to Capanne di Carrega, starting point to Mt Carmo. From different paths more than 25 people reached the summit, someone with skies, others with snowshoes.
Visibility was good; Mt Viso, Gran Paradiso, Cervino (Matterhorn), Rosa Group, Rhaetian Alps and Dolomites.

sarme

sarme - Apr 24, 2006 3:32 pm Date Climbed: Apr 23, 2006

I reach the top of Carmo  Sucess!

23 April 2006. Good day, good walk, easily but great satisfaction.

27 January 2007. Excellent day, first snow in this winter, my first experience to climb a mountain with a snow. amazing panorama in summit, the Alps, the sea, the mountain of Corse! Sharp wind! Great! Enjoy!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Carmo' main page