Viewing: 1-20 of 44 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, man! Come Back in two days. There are tons of mountains so there will be tons of pictures ;-)
Posted Oct 14, 2004 2:50 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Gangolf you are the master of quality of pages!!

When I will add my group pages I will look before some yours!

Cheers Bor!
Posted Oct 14, 2004 3:50 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Role model? Uuuh! Thanks for your vote. You must return sometime next week. It'll take some time to post the pictures. I still have to label the mountains :-(
Posted Oct 15, 2004 4:09 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

What a work Gangolf, great page!! You are making Carnic Alps encyclopedia on SP :-)
Posted Oct 14, 2004 7:24 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Hehe, the encyclopedia is in the works! I just received the maps for the southern Carnic Alps by mail order.

Vid has proposed to do the "Carnic Alps Main Ridge (East) " page. Hope he knew what amount of work he was up to ..... ;-)
Posted Oct 15, 2004 4:11 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Grrrrr! I said: I don't promise, will see :-)
Posted Oct 16, 2004 6:38 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

haha, seams like you are in trouble Vid :-) Gangolf, you know that Vid can't make sub excellent page and thankfully temps are down so he won't even sweat while making it!
Posted Oct 16, 2004 3:19 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Excellent Gangolf! Very nice job!

-Britt
Posted Oct 14, 2004 8:07 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Britt! Needs a lot of work, still!
Posted Oct 15, 2004 4:13 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

You donĀ“t mess around do you Gangolf... congrats on another fine page.
Posted Oct 15, 2004 12:23 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Tim. Come back some time next week. I'll have to put up the pictures first and four maps are still missing. Still a lot to do....
Posted Oct 15, 2004 4:14 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks a lot! Still have about 60 picts of the group and am not able to decide which go in and which don't. Come back after the weekend ;-)
Posted Oct 15, 2004 4:16 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Great page, as usual.

Posted Oct 15, 2004 7:22 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Great page. Superb organization and thoroughness. Very good pictures too. Thanks for posting! I spent a couple of weeks in Sappada in 1982. I have a vague recollection of a very long day spent climbing an easy technical route on the north face of Coglians. I was straight out of climbing school, and I spent an enormous amount of time placing redundant protection. But it was fun, and I'm glad to see such a thorough treatment of that beautiful area in your page.
Posted Oct 15, 2004 10:39 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks a lot. Actually I have already done quite some group pages, which go into the same detail (e.g. Dolomiti di Sesto. It might seem strange, but I love studying maps and guidebooks. So it's not too hard on me.

As for your Coglians climb, you might see the route on this picture which I posted to the Coglians page a few days ago (probably it's too small though :-()

Carnic Alps Main Ridge (West) photo_id=112275
Posted Oct 15, 2004 10:50 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks for pointing out the photo of Coglians. I don't think the problem is it's too small: It's just my faded memories. I'm not even sure which way we came down (though likely on the south side). I look forward to reading more of your pages, existing and upcoming.
Posted Oct 15, 2004 11:40 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Yuuuh, gangolf! This is far more I had ever expected to find about this region. And I had expected a lot, knowing that you're doing it! Great work, indeed. I know I'll return consulting this page very often, because it's hard to find more information on any other single place.

Now you or Mathias should be authorised for posting also the Karnic High Route. I think it best belons here.
Posted Oct 15, 2004 12:20 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Vid. Now what you are up to for the eastern part of the main ridge :-))))) You'll be able, however, to get more information, not in English, though. The book by P.Holl covers all classical climbing routes of the north ridge (as of 1988 - but still quite accurate I assume) And it is still available at amazon.de ;-)
Posted Oct 16, 2004 2:28 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Well, why to buy books, when we have SP? No, seriously, I could do the eastern part, which is not complex nor so very interesting for mountaineering. The majority of summits are easy hikes on summits just below 2000m, especially as the two small groups of Zuc dal Bor and Monte Sernio / Creta Forata are not included. I don't promise, will see :-)
Posted Oct 16, 2004 6:14 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Sorry Vid, that I have been mobbing you. But maybe I had misinterpreted something you had said earlier...
Posted Oct 16, 2004 9:02 am