Castle Rock Spire Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
freedeep

freedeep - Mar 21, 2020 1:37 pm Date Climbed: Aug 18, 1986

To the main summit block not the east spire  Sucess!

Started at the pass between Castle Rock Mtn to the west and Castle Rock Spire summit block. Went east along ridgeline then straight uphill, up large chimney. About half way up chimney, seems to run out of holds, but reaching higher was able to find the next finger hold not visible in the morning shadows. After that easy scramble to the summit. I was the 13th person to sign the register. The PVC container had previously been damaged, having been beaten with a rock trying to open it. This was before the glass jar club. Nice view of Castle Rock Glacier back in 1986.

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - May 9, 2006 4:03 am

Re: L.R.

http://home.tiscalinet.de/ockier/ratings.htm

YDS 5.6 is equivalent to UIAA 5-

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - Mar 18, 2006 3:42 am Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2005

Jason Maehl  Sucess!

My buddy and I never planned to climb the Spire but it just looked so tempting. So from our base camp at Shadow Lake we climbed Castle Rock Mountain, Castle Rock Spire, and Castle Mountain all in one long day. We started hiking that day at 4:30am from the light of a full moon. Then next day we would hike Sundance Pass and summit Silver Run Peak. It made for an exhausting yet successful weekend.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Castle Rock Spire' main page