Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 25, 2006 3:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Very good page

Lots of great information for an important area. It's hard not to look for Rip Van Winkle and his companions out here.

rasgoat

rasgoat - Nov 25, 2006 9:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very good page

Thank you BSIHLER! actually it was Washington Irvings stories that made the name "Catskills" Famous, the origin of the name is uncertain though and I am doing further research to get a better idea. Aparrently, in the 1800s, the locals called these hills the Blue Mountains.

rasgoat

rasgoat - Nov 25, 2006 8:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page

Thanks alot Puma!

T Sharp

T Sharp - Nov 25, 2006 11:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Page

Very well written, you make the Catskills attractive even to a Rocky Montain boy!

rasgoat

rasgoat - Nov 25, 2006 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Page

Thanks T, The Catskills have thier own alluring charm, I'm glad I was able to express it a little. Now the Rockies on the other hand have quite a charm themselves! I have to go west at LEAST once a year to rejuvinate my spirit.

seth@LOKI

seth@LOKI - Nov 26, 2006 8:19 pm - Voted 10/10

perfecto! great resource...

dead on with great information and flowed well to keep me reading! PERFECTO...
As far as what ranges are "better" than others...
An oft quote from Alex Lowe applies to mountain ranges as well. It is how much you enjoy them with the time you have; Alex said, "The best climber in the world is the one having the most fun."
Cat skilled brother!

rasgoat

rasgoat - Nov 27, 2006 2:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: perfecto! great resource...

Thank you brothra!

Mayhey Kid

Mayhey Kid - Jun 30, 2007 12:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Nicely Done

...and thanks again for letting me add some photos.

rasgoat

rasgoat - Jul 10, 2007 6:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nicely Done

Thanks M K

Please add some more!

birdny

birdny - Oct 11, 2007 7:35 am - Voted 10/10

Gunks??

Why are the "gunks" a children of these? They arent even part of the Catskills which are part of the Appalachian Plateau, the Gunks are part of the ridge and valley system. Neither are geologically connected. Other than that its a great page!

rasgoat

rasgoat - Oct 14, 2007 7:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gunks??

Hey BNY,

The owner of the Gunks page also owned the Catskill page until I adopted it. He was the one who attached it. You are right they are totally seperate geologically.

Ralph

rasgoat

rasgoat - Oct 21, 2009 7:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very well done

Thank you for the compliment, it was fun researching this one!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Catskill Range' main page