Chambe peak

Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Location Lat/Lon: 15.90257°S / 35.52429°E
Additional Information Object Type: mountain
Additional Information County: malawi

chambe peak

Chambe peak that is one of the faces of mulanje peaks, can easly be seen on the way from blantyre to mulanje. And easy root that leads you to the top starts from likhubula valley after good arrangement with tour guides and porters.


Getting There

With splended views of skyline path that starts from likhubula it will take you 3.30hrs to get to chambe hut where you can sleep if you have planed to stay for a couple of days.

from here you will be able to see a very huge outcrop rock of chambe peak in front of chambe hut.From chambe hut, the path starts just at the bridge that is in front of the hut then to the left of the forest compound. You may find that the path is so big at the biggining just cos it was used by tracktors that were working there. Then at the end of those compounds you will go to the right, and after 3mins you will cross a bridge then a stream. After that stream, there is a little path that is going into the bush that`s right, with a view of the peak closer to you and showing a posibility of that side being easy to get to the top.

Alot of right available at the biggining until you get to the bottom of the rock. As far as you get to the rock you will be able to see where the path goes and then across alittle forest then you start off climbing the first ridge of the peak. Make sure that you are following the points marked otherwise to unknown place you will get into. While climbing this first ridge, you will be able to see a view of the valley at the bottom. Note that this point you are going to the left of the ridge, and that means you are going towards the peak.


After this first ridge, you will go down then up, that is to say you are starting the second ridge.After making this one you will see the last ridge looking so steep, difficult to climbe but take it easy there is away. If you get to the bottom of it about 10meters you will see a root going to the right with some marks, then after 5mins you will see a gap against the wall that`s the way. Take it up to where it end then it will be more right for 20-25mins then left. this will be closer to get to the top and then right. After a little climbe to the right you wil get to the top with a great shout WOW!

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

You can easly camp at chambe hut(note that this hut is at the top of the mountain) even sleep inside the hut after you make abooking at Likhubula forest office. But if you have arrived at Likhubula very late you can get accomodation at Likhubula House and Likhubula Forest Lodge.

This place(likhubula forest office) you can book for Guides and porters if am not there.(this place is found at the bottom)

More info

You can call me at +265884440582 or send an email at kwmmambo@yahoo.com,kwmmambo@live.com