Chimborazo Comments

Viewing: 21-30 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Thanks for the vote and the compliment!
Posted Dec 28, 2005 10:55 pm

James CUntitled Comment

James C

extremely well done
Posted Jan 31, 2006 10:02 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Thanks James!
Posted Feb 1, 2006 5:03 pm

ScottWhen to Climb Clarification

Scott

Nice page, but I found the below to be somewhat confusing:

Chimborazo is climable year round. The best climbing months are June and July although May, August and September are also clement for climbing. Winter months, except late December and early January, are known for their bad weather especially in April.

December-Early January is said to be a good time, but I find the above to be somewhat confusing. Perhaps choose another phrase other than “winter months”. There are no real winter months on the equator, but I guess Chimborazo is just south of the equator, so technically there might be, but since Chimborazo is in the southern hemisphere, December and January are summer months.
Posted May 2, 2006 5:04 pm

vertxRe: When to Climb Clarification

vertx

Scott-

Thanks. After I adopted that page I neglected to edit some of the paragraphs like I should have. Changes for clarity and language have been made. I appreciate the heads up and the little kick in the butt!

Posted May 2, 2006 7:07 pm

stesteGood job

steste

A good job indeed. I found interesting the diagram. I've always cared about the sea level, now I've to consider the centre of the earth too !
Regards.
Ste
Posted Jun 8, 2006 4:38 pm

vertxRe: Good job

vertx

Thanks for the kind comments and vote. Yes! Now the center of the earth is important in highpoints!

v
Posted Jun 9, 2006 7:00 pm

summiterSummit

summiter

It's important to note that Cumbre Whymper is the actual summit of Chimborazo, not Cumbre Ventimillas, like some local guides might like you to believe to make their own trip shorter.

nice page!
Posted Jul 6, 2007 4:44 pm

MeghdootGuide services

Hi all,

Has anyone used guide services of Andes climbing? We are planning to use them for Cotopaxi & Chimborazo.

Posted May 21, 2012 9:51 am

ywardhornerGood info

ywardhorner

Thanks for a very nice page. I'm sorry to see that the law has changed in Ecuador, requiring climbers to hire a guide. This mountain has been on my tick-list for several years but I won't be going to climb in Ecuador now, at least not unless they change the law again.
Posted Dec 18, 2012 5:25 pm