Chugchilan-Quilotoa Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3

ACB - Jan 8, 2018 9:21 am Date Climbed: Dec 19, 2017

Chugchilan to Quilotoa  Sucess!

The approximately 9.5 km route from Chugchilan to Quilotoa took us down to the valley bottom before a steady ascent to the rim of Laguna Quilotoa's crater. Then we followed the crater rim trail a short distance to the small town of Quilotoa at about 3900 m (1046m e-gain and 350 m e-loss). Lots of great scenery. There was no charge to enter the town at this time. This section of the route was our third day hiking the "Quilotoa Loop".

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abattistel/albums/72157664268339338

camerona91

camerona91 - Jun 8, 2009 5:36 pm Date Climbed: Jun 4, 2009

Cool canyon  Sucess!

Hiked from Quilotoa to Chugchilan. The hike through the canyon is really spectacular. The charge to enter Quilotoa village is now $2 per person. Aggressive dogs on the route. Definitely consider finding yourself a nice stick or rock...

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Nov 24, 2007 5:48 pm Date Climbed: Nov 21, 2007

Chugchilan Village to Quilotoa Village (On trail and road)  Sucess!

Started from Chugchilan at 10:30 am. by a trail that goes thru a deep canon. Had to avoid the dogs along the whole trail until we got to the road that passes several small villages.

It rainned the whole afternoon. It took us 5 hours to get to the town of Quilotoa.
Came along with me in this hike Matilde and Heloise (FRA).

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Chugchilan-Quilotoa' main page