Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jan 1, 2007 8:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

Let me be the first one to vote on this great page! It's a completely new information for me and makes me wish to climb this peak next summer. Thanks for adding it!

Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Jan 1, 2007 10:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks, Vid!
Your compliments are the best gift given to me in the New Year 2007.
Cheers, Andrej

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Sep 11, 2007 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great!

It happened that we did not ascend both mountains Vetta Bella / Lepa glava and Cima delle Cenge / Visoka polica in one tour. My idea was that from the notch between the two one could cross the whole southern face of Cima delle Cenge / Visoka polica by the system of green bands. But on the rightmost part, near Forcella delle Cenge, I could not see where it would be best to go: or into the ravine or above it over the rocky passages. Would it still be only an easy climb, not harder than degree I? Anyway we didn't have time to do both summits.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jan 1, 2007 11:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Finally!

Great page-- even though I'll probably never be there, I can learn all about it from this page. Also, SP has been flooded with Under Construction pages that seem to be having NO construction this past week, and it's great to see a real page! Thank you!

Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Jan 1, 2007 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Finally!

Thank you, my dear new friend from the United States. Your laud is very stimulating for me.
Cheers, Andrej
Have a Happy New Year!

Bor

Bor - Jan 3, 2007 12:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Fine!

Finally we have on SP page this mountain and I hope in near future many more mountains above the beautiful valley of Beli potok. Soon I will post some photos.

Cheers!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jan 3, 2007 2:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fine!

That's great, Bor! We are missing you ;)
And it looks nobody has good pictures of Cima delle Cenge/Visoka polica.

Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Jan 3, 2007 5:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fine!

I am eagerly looking forward, dear Bor. I miss you on SP.
Cheers, Andrej

borut - Oct 3, 2014 4:41 am - Voted 10/10

- Tine Mihelič -

Dear Andrej,
You speak highly and kindly of Tine Mihelič in the route section of this page - so I know this is the right place to salute the man again and remind that Tine is the author of the two bibles of mountaineering in Slovenia: *Slovenske stene* (Slovene walls), the ultimate reference for alpine climbing in Slovenia, and *Julijske Alpe* (Julian Alps), the ultimate mountain-hiking guidebook for the Julian Alps. Tine died at the age of 63 - ten years ago (Oct 2, 2004), alone, in the mountains. Tine often mentioned you Andrej, also as a violinist, so thank you again for placing his name on this page. He loved "Bele vode" (Rio Bianco) and also published beta for climbs on those walls. Tine and I climbed the Diretissima in April 2001, his piccola "grande favorita" - poetry, as we say. I was also on Cima Alta with him. Aaah...

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Cima delle Cenge/Visoka polica' main page