Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Charles

Charles - Oct 30, 2011 2:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: lapsus

I think it makes the most sense to quote the UIAA grade for it, it´s how it would be assessed when in Europe surely. I also have to ad that I don´t know the other system but if I was climbing in the US I´d swot up on grades and their European comparisons.
Cheers
charles

Grat route by the way :o))

Alberto Rampini

Alberto Rampini - Nov 9, 2011 12:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Hi, I'm just here, coming back from Anti Atlas; Hoggar is in Algery, while this range is situated in Southern Morocco, between Atlas Range and the desert. It was discovered by some British climbers in 1991 and it's really a gorgeous place to climbing!
Cheers.
Alberto

hanshosten@gmail.com - Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Portaledge?

Hi. I've been searching to climb a big wall in Europe. Some sites refer to this route, but in the fact sheet its says it's a 1-day climb. Is it possible/allowed to do the route in 2 days and overnight in a portaledge?

Alberto Rampini

Alberto Rampini - Mar 23, 2015 1:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Portaledge?

Hello,
the use of portaledge in the Dolomites is not expressly prohibited, but is not recommended to climb routes also much longer than this one. Not part of the Dolomites'climbing style! Comici is a 500 meters long route, so it's possible to climb it in a single day; if you want to climb the route in two or more days you can camp out on some small ledges you can find along the route. Good luck!

hanshosten@gmail.com - Mar 26, 2015 4:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Portaledge?

Hi, thx for your answer. The reason that I want to climb this rock in two days and use a portaledge is that I want to do do El cap in the future, but it will be several years before I will be able to go there (money and time), so I was looking for a rock in Europe to do some more than 1 day climbs, using a portaledge.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cima Grande di Lavaredo Comici - Dimai Route (North Wall)' main page