Viewing: 1-20 of 36 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

As usual, a great page on a cool place. Great route text and pictures illustrating the routes.
Posted Aug 5, 2003 11:38 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Here it is ... the page of one of my favorite climbing areas at the US. Thanks for posting it !
Posted Aug 6, 2003 2:18 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good vote!

It's definitely a fun area - ideal for spring and late fall when the mountains are largely "out of comission" due to weather.

Radek
Posted Aug 6, 2003 10:54 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Very nice page. Good stuff on Wheat Thin
Posted Aug 6, 2003 9:07 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the positive vote!

So have you climbed there (City)?
Posted Aug 6, 2003 10:56 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

um... like moses I stood on the Tetons and stared into Idaho but did not venture there. But the City of Rocks is in the mags.
Posted Aug 6, 2003 12:11 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Nice page with good routes and photos Radek. I'll have to check it out someday, not that far from me.
Posted Aug 6, 2003 9:32 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good vote Martin.

You definitely should give it a shot (a trip to the City) - the place is great in the spring (just check the forecast) and is good until pretty much the first snow fall in the late fall (saw climb reports from as late as Thanksgiving where they had sunny & dry weather). This is probably our 2nd favorite cragging area (after Red Rocks)!

Radek
Posted Aug 6, 2003 10:59 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good vote!
Posted Aug 7, 2003 12:54 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Good stuff. Thanks.
Posted Nov 9, 2003 4:08 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote. It's a great fun climbing area with this middle-of-nowhere feel to it.

Posted Nov 10, 2003 12:09 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good page, nice work. Cheers William
Posted May 4, 2004 9:01 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

A typically fine page. Nice report of an area I didn't know about.

Posted May 27, 2004 7:07 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Radek for directing me to this page. The similarities to Monte Limbara are really astonishing. I guess, that this is the typicalerosion form for granite -- like peeling off the rock in sheets - which gives these domes their typical shape. But there are others - I don't know if you have seen - which carve out the granite from the inside:

Punta Cugnana photo_id=90008

Look at the whole weirdness here
Posted Jul 24, 2004 2:08 am

DeanUntitled Comment

This is an incredible place. Bob B. and I had done an overnighter on Cache Peak on

6-25/26 to get Cache early in the morning in order to dodge thunderstorms in the area. Afterwards, we came down and drove all through the City of Rocks and were in "wow" heaven. So many neat formations and the place (weekend) was packed with people with license plates from everywhere.

Cache Peak is the highpoint of Cassia county. Bob and I went over to Power county and picked off Deep Creek Peak later in the day. We had a great view back to Cache.
Posted Jul 27, 2004 9:01 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote Dean.

Please submit more City of Rocks photos if you got 'em - the ones you posted so far are excellent!

Also, I'm hoping that you're planning on adding Cache Peak page (as well as the other one you mention).
Posted Jul 27, 2004 1:42 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Radek. I have a few more to post of this fascinating area and will do Cache Peak when I get some time free. When you go back down to City of Rocks, let me know. I'd love to visit that area again myself.
Posted Jul 27, 2004 3:07 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Look forward to checking out Cache Peak page. We did the neighboring Independence Peak about 2 yrs. ago and it was quite beautiful - alpine lakes, great views from the summit! Hard to believe how many "hidden" treasures Idaho has - it's a gorgeous state!

Will let you know Dean when we're heading out there - my guess would be sometime in early October for a quick weekend trip. Would be great to meet up there.
Posted Jul 27, 2004 4:51 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 1:29 pm