Climbers topping out on the...

Climbers topping out on the...

Climbers topping out on the spire in the afternoon. These guys waited patiently in the Mouth while we did the traverse variation for the last pitch.
Brian Jenkins
on Oct 17, 2005 12:55 am
Image ID: 131340

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rpc

rpc - Oct 18, 2005 7:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!!

Not only you top out on the pillar but you guys also do this cool variation (based on what I read in your summit log)! Congrats! Either you or Mark could perhaps add a page for Monkey Off My Back route. I know it's short (but quite worthy from what I've heard), but it's a different route and it'll get lost I think if it's added on the main page.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 19, 2005 12:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!!

I'll leave that to Mark. I definitely did not want to do the variation. I wanted the nice short pitch to the Nose to reduce the fear factor in me stepping out of the Mouth. Then I see the rope traversing right and I had a few choice words for our friend, Mark. ;- ) There was some definite pucker factor involved on my end.



Anyway, it made me have to put aside my fear and focus on getting the job done. It definitely is a worthy route in my book but Mark led it so I'll tell him to put it up. All the moves are there and if I had not have been thinking about the hundreds of feet of air below me, I probably would not worried about it.



(You know what I DID think about alot during this climb? How you took your non-climbing brother up it. :- ) It forced me to sack up and do it! Ah well, any inspiration is good inspiration, right?)

rpc

rpc - Oct 19, 2005 11:43 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice!!

Sounds like good fun that pitch!



Mark, if you find a couple minutes, can you put up the page? Would be cool to have a good description of it on SP.



How you took your non-climbing brother up it. :- ) I told him that if he don't suck it up and do it, I will beat him severly. Also told him that Shirley is taking photos from the Diving Board....if he DOES do it, he'll have something to show off to his girlfriend (& thus finally score :)



Viewing: 1-3 of 3