Climbing in the westface of...

Climbing in the westface of...

Climbing in the westface of Yerupaja
risch
on Jan 9, 2004 4:22 pm
Image ID: 38023

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Jan 11, 2004 6:11 am - Voted 10/10

great picture!

I'd like to read more about your trip to Yerupaja. Perhaps you can sign the summit log (wether you reached the summit or not) and tell us something about it.

risch

risch - Jan 11, 2004 7:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: great picture!

Hello Mathias,

We didn`t reach the summit of Nev. Yerupaja. The pictures are taken, while we were preparing the lower part of the westface of Yerupaja.

We couldn`t use our abseilpist the next day because an accident happend. I was hidden by an icefall and badly injured. That all happend at 6000 meters in the middle of the westface.

Now I`m ok again and still climbing. But I wouldn`t suggest the westface of butcher Yerupaja. This face is just to much risk after the global heating.

Normal route is also badly destroyed so maybe best way will be the south- southeast face to reach the summit.

But I have very few information about this part of the mountain.



If you want to have more infos about our trip to great Cord. Huayhuash and Cord. Blanca you can check our Homepage www.senda.ch or write me an e- mail risch@bandli.net.



I wish you nice trips risch

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Dec 21, 2005 6:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: great picture!

absolutely great shot...

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Nov 30, 2018 7:14 am - Voted 10/10

Re: great picture!

One of the best big wan-face climbing shots ever. Unbelievably great in fact. 10/10 is a pathetically low score to give it, best I could do...

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Jan 22, 2004 11:01 am - Voted 10/10

Touching and beautiful sight!

I enjoyed your photos on your page and web-site. Thanks for posting Risch.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5