Costila _Galbinele Ridge

Costila _Galbinele Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Romanian 3A
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Costila _Galbinele Ridge

Costila - Galbinele Ridge
The alpine summer for Bucegi climbers begins with this route.

Getting There

Costila _Galbinele Ridge

The alpine route for for climbers with advanced training.
From Costila refuge, climb a bit on the right bank Costila Valley then go right and climb in the saddle "Coama cu Jnepeni"; after a short and winding road descent on the opposite side.
Enter the valley.
Pass over a series of variable height steps, climb the first obstacle (8m)by right: there is a rich flue outlet, which ends on a platform.
At the end of this platform, following the second obstacle; ramonaj pass through, it will funnel the right form.
Valley following the left ribs, enter the ridge route

Route Description

Costila _Galbinele Ridge
Costila _Galbinele Ridge

Costila _Galbinele Ridge


The alpine route,difficult path, 6 lengths of rope.
The route begins from Galbinele Valley (after the second obstacle)
Climb a grassy portions from the left valley, each finish in a series of ceiling.
1. Crossing to the left, climb a crack, arrive in an area covered with the juniper trees.
2. Climb a vertical step, cross to the right, go diagonally across a grassy passage.
3. A crack climb, reach a large platform then will climb a step furrowed by cracks.
4. Crossing to the left, w reach the Costila Valley proper, follows a climb to the right and reach a platform with juniper trees.
5. Climb a gently sloping chimney
6. Go under a vertical wall to the left, then climb and reach the ridge.
Braul Mare al Costilei continue on, go out in White Valley Ridge, descend on Brana Aeriana, reach a Costila refuge and Busteni.

Essential Gear

Costila _Galbinele Ridge

1 rope of 50m, 12 quickdraws.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Costila _Galbinele Ridge


Geography