Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 29, 2009 8:31 am - Voted 10/10

Me seems

that the first pic has nothing to do with a self-made map as the caption says. Me also seems you fumbled while copying ;-)

Good page ...

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 29, 2009 8:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Me seems

and me also seems that this should be in the southern Carnic Alps page rather. It is mentioned in the Zuc dal Bor Group there and if I understood your map (the one on the Carnic Alps main page) correctly, everything south of Torrente Pontebbana should be in the SCA. Or did I get something wrong?

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 29, 2009 12:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Me seems

Hi Gangolf!
I corrected the caption on the first picture. Thanks!
Regarding where Crete dal Cronz belongs, I'd insist to leave it on the Carnic Hauptkamm. See please the page of Carnic Alps Main Ridge (East) - the map and the chapter "Borders of the Subgroup". Also in your comment there you once wrote: "I have to read more closely but since I have been pondering the Southern Carnic Alps subgroups, I'm happy that you drew the southern border exactly where I thought it should be."

If The border should go by the valley of Pontebbana, then also Monte Zermula should go into the Southern Carnic Alps. But we decided to leave it in the Hauptkamm, because its more related to those mountains.

I'll see SP today a bit more, yesterday it was awfully slow. This weekend will be a dull one. Last Friday I crashed my camera, then searched through the web for 3 days and finally ordered a Cannon 500D. Still haven't got it. Sigh :(

Cheers!
Vid

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 30, 2009 12:54 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Me seems

Ok, I admit that I didn't spend much time, figuring out where the mountain is. I checked on my southern Carnic Alps pafe and there it was. It doesn't even appear on the schematic map I have there.I'll have to check my maps again.

Too bad about your camera. But that way you get a newer better(?) one. But why Canon? I have come to love the fact that my Sony and Minolta cameras have the stabilization built in the frame rather than the lense. That way you don't have to pay for stabilization each time you buy a lense. Quality wise the different brands don't differ too much anyway.

Came back with 1300 pics from Toscana and have spent the whole week stitching panos and writing captions. Soon you'll have summits from the Alpi Apuane on the site, a very interessting mountain range.

And in Sept. we'll be in Sexten, probably exploring the souther Carnic Alps a bit (together with whatever else is in the vicinity). Let's see if we can extend SP a bit in this direction :-)

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 30, 2009 4:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Me seems

I'm looking forward to see something about Alpi Apuane. When in late autumn 08 we went on a drive - came to Carrara an there turned north - I had a look if there would be something useful to visit, but found only a few peaks on SP. Staying in Sexten - that's charming!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Crete dal Cronz' main page