Viewing: 1-4 of 4
pvalchev

pvalchev - Mar 18, 2009 7:48 pm - Voted 10/10

when were these pics taken?

I'm going to be in Calgary for a few days later this month and curious if it'll be in good shape.

MichaelJ

MichaelJ - Mar 18, 2009 11:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Within a few days of posting

A friend also climbed it last week and said it was in decent shape. A couple of other friends might head out once the avy danger lowers (it's spiking right now) and I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Also, French Reality is looking good. Saw it on the way to Nemsis a few days ago but the whole headwall was getting hammered by spindrift avalanches and not much actually got climbed.

pvalchev

pvalchev - Mar 19, 2009 11:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Within a few days of posting

Thanks that's great. Yeah I'm watching the avy danger and storms.. hope it all settles by next week, would appreciate updates.

Did you get on Nemesis, how did it compare to this one? I did Nemesis back in December and felt more like grade 5.. expecting this one to be harder, but just wondering _how much_ harder ;) Any pics of French Reality? I also wonder about Suffer Machine but I heard the bolt hangers are missing at the start. There is a variation though..

Cheers and glad you are having a good season

MichaelJ

MichaelJ - Mar 20, 2009 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

conditions

We turned back at the base of Nemesis when it started snowing heavily and spindrift was pouring down and we didn't like the approach slope. A friend did the first couple of pitches on French, before baling because of weather; said it was good but run-out on the thin ice, mixed ground and the upper ice looked really steep but fat.

Curtain Call was pretty technically sustained for the whole climb but with decent rests, so not super pumpy. It's harder than Whiteman's and Upper Weeping Right but easier than Upper Weeping Left, if you're familiar with those climbs. I'd say, give 'er.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Curtain Call, 125 meters, IV, WI6' main page