Cvrsnica Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
justahiker

justahiker - May 21, 2007 10:07 am Date Climbed: May 20, 2007

From Boricevac  Sucess!

It was 4 hours long ascent and 3.5 hours descent. Weather in Blidinje valley was promising but somewhere on half way to the peak we entered into the cloud. So to the top we couldn't see anything.
Visibility was terrible.
However it was a nice hike.

Sinisa Pocrnic

Sinisa Pocrnic - Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am Date Climbed: Mar 18, 2007

Route climbed: From Boricevac  Sucess!

Another winter ascent, this one succesfull. Not so much due to the fact that we have awaken early, but rather due to the longer lasting daylight. :) A bit over three hours' walk on solid snow and we were standing on the summit of Plocno, basking in the sun and avoiding the gusts of the freezing wind.

Sinisa Pocrnic

Sinisa Pocrnic - Mar 22, 2007 9:49 am Date Climbed: Jan 28, 2007

From Boricevac

After the previous day's ascent of neighboring Vran mountain, we have slept in the frigid sub-zero temperatures down in the Dugo polje valley. Ensnared by the warmth of the down sleeping bags, we had a late start, thus abandoning our summit push for the next time after we have reached the undulating plateau at 13:15 PM. The snow conditions were far from perfect, lots of fresh snow. So there was much panting... :)

Sinisa Pocrnic

Sinisa Pocrnic - Jul 9, 2006 10:29 pm Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2006

Route Climbed: From Blidinje valley  Sucess!

A bit over three hours were required for reaching the summit of Plocno. Albeit the summer is in full strangth in the lowlands, remnants of winter's snow are abundant and the temperature on the summit was very pleasant 15°C. Beautiful greenery, flowery-embroidered, gives a sharp contrast to the murky whiteness of the snow. The highest peak of Plocno has a military facility built on it that degrades the beauty of the mountain...

pavlakovics

pavlakovics - Jun 28, 2004 11:57 am

Route Climbed: Plocno from Masna Luka Date Climbed: June 26th, 2004  Sucess!

About 4,5 hours for ascent and another 4 for descent; after long snowy winter snow is still present; late blooming of endemic flowers such as Primula Kitaibeliana (kitajbelov jaglac); final stage of ascent with scree and snow was almost Alpine challenge; Plocno is highest peak but Veliki Vilinac, if not so challenging, has much better panorama

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cvrsnica' main page