DATE AND TIME: 030905, 1038;...

DATE AND TIME: 030905, 1038;...

DATE AND TIME: 030905, 1038; LOCATION: From adjacent to the Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot in Trinidad, just off (the west side of) I-25 Exit 11; CAMERA: Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom, 10x optical, 3x digital, 3.2 megapixel; DESCRIPTION: A widescreen panorama of the Culebra Range, consisting of nine digitally-stitched photos. Here are closer views of Purgatoire Peak to Miranda Peak (which includes Culebra Peak) and De Anza Peak to Trinchera Peak (Trinchera Peak page). Lomo Lisa Mountain, Francisco Peak and Beaubien Peak lie somewhere between Miranda Peak and De Anza Peak.
dherrera96
on Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Image ID: 100143

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
billokc

billokc - Apr 15, 2005 6:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Excellent Work.....

.....on putting the shot together. I'll bet a larger version of the image is breathtaking. Familiar with Webshots.com?? You can create a limited number of free albums for photos which will allow others to view it larger.



Thanks, again.

dherrera96

dherrera96 - Apr 16, 2005 12:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Work.....

Thanks for the tip. Next time I come up this way, I hope to create a reverse view of this large panorama (from west of San Luis).

billokc

billokc - Apr 17, 2005 1:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Work.....

A shot from the west would be a cool shot. BTW...I know EXACTLY the Wal-Mart you took this shot from, I've been to it.

I see you live in Albq. Nice city with a unique culture, scenery, and climate. I lived there during 1990 and loved it.

I have a long time (27 yrs now) friend who lives there. He and his wife live near UNM and they hike/camp also. He loves the Wheeler area, and we've both been there many times over the years since the mid 80's. I introduced him to the Spanish Peaks in 1979. Don't know if you want/need a hiking partner, but if so I could put you in touch since you're in the same city with him.

dherrera96

dherrera96 - Apr 20, 2005 7:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Work.....

I sure wish I had more time and flexibility to do some hiking. Work schedule issues and these outrageous gas prices are the two biggest culprits. I have been to the top of Wheeler Peak (NM) with my dad in September 1989 (I was only 11 years old back then). I have also been to the tops of Gold Hill (09/89), Cabresto Peak (07/90) and Venado Peak (07/91), as well as driven to the tops of Mt. Evans (07/96) and Pikes Peak (07/98).



Two attempts to hike up to Gold Hill and Wheeler Peak (with my younger brother) this past summer were both dashed by Mother Nature's evil ways. My parents live in Questa (NM), which is where I graduated high school in 1996.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4