Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.89595°N / 114.32543°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5276 ft / 1608 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Davidson Peak is one of those beautiful Mormon Mountain rocky peaks that you see as you look to the west of Interstate 15. Access to the trailhead is fairly easy although I thought the access road (Halfway Washington Road) to be fairly rough. Others on the internet definitely disagree. The peak is remote. I camped at it's base for 5 days and didn't see another soul. It was amazing !

Getting There

Using Mesquite, Nevada as a starting point, drive south on Interstate 15 for approximately 12 miles until you come to the truck resting area (this is shown on Google Maps). There is an opening in the fence here where you can access Halfway Washington Road which you take almost as far as the road goes (literally). Just before the radio tower that you'll see ahead of you near the end of the road, take a right onto an unnamed road and there's a small area to park at the very end of this road. Jeep type vehicle required for this last stretch or just walk it.

Route

Simply head up the ridgeline which will be just to the left of the canyon. I tried to go up the canyon and it was a no go. There are several large rock outcroppings along the way which you'll need to work around. Several climbers on PeakBaggers show the exact GPS routes that they used. Mostly use your common sense and you'll summit after a few hours of climbing.

Red Tape

No Red Tape here.

When to Climb

Summer is probably unbearable here but I would imagine it could be done.

Camping

Oddly there aren't a lot of options here. The BLM has graded roads so that there aren't many sites. That being said, it's BLM land so there are several options with fire rings along Halfway Washington Road.

External Links

Add External Links text here.