Viewing: 1-14 of 14
lisae

lisae - Feb 14, 2007 2:43 am - Voted 10/10

Impressive Page!

I want to go there after reading it. . .

Kiefer

Kiefer - Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive Page!

Thank you Lisae! I spent ALONG time writing most of this out and editing. Thanks for your great comment!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Feb 14, 2007 4:51 am - Voted 10/10

Been There!

Loved it. We were very impressed. Your suggestion of hooking all the trails up for a loop is something we will look into, so thanks for that tip. Your page is just stellar and it's been a while since I've seen one this good--well written and packed with info in addition to great pictures. You've set a fine example. Thanks for your hard work. At least I appreciate it.

Kiefer

Kiefer - Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Been There!

Aaron, thank you. Reading a comment like yours makes me glad I put in the 15-16 hours to construct the page (seriously). That's one of the best comments I've ever had. Wish I could buy you a beer! I agree, it is a great place.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 14, 2007 4:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page

You put an incredible amount of work into this page, and it shows. Very nicely done, very informative. I enjoyed watching its progress last night and looked forward to seeing the completed work.

Kiefer

Kiefer - Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page

Thanks BSIHLER! I was actually wondering who was sneaking around clicking on pics! :o)
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Feb 20, 2007 6:07 pm - Voted 10/10

very nice

This is a great page with lots of good information and some spectacular photos. But I wonder if it might be better classified as a mountain/rock rather than as an area/range?

Kiefer

Kiefer - Feb 25, 2007 11:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: very nice

Thank you for the comment. Glad you find the beta helpful!
Since the place doesn't really have any opportunities for climbing or even scrambling and covers a fairly decent amount of land with (very) minimal altitude deviation, I figure it would better classify as an area/range. I thought about this before I attached it though.
Thanks, Charles!

Kiefer

Kiefer - Feb 25, 2007 11:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Impressive...

Thanks very much Jeff! Appreciate the feedback. I didn't know you were over here at Summitpost AND in the neighborhood! We should do a climb together sometime.
Again, thanks for the great comment!
Kiefer

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Apr 14, 2008 4:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice page!

Lots of good info. One of those great places that's hard to get to. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Kiefer

Kiefer - Apr 21, 2008 7:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page!

Thank you very much, Bill! It seems the more one explores Utah, the more one finds off the beaten path! Thanks for the comment!
Kiefer

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Sep 24, 2008 11:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page!

Dead Horse Point was a stop on the first vacation I ever remember going on with my family. I remember that it was big and scary because I was afraid of falling off a cliff. Other than that I remember that I was always asking where all the dead horses were and how they died.

mrh

mrh - Sep 25, 2008 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Neat Place

I'm glad to see this page. I visited here in 1998 and have always wanted to go back.

Scott

Scott - Jun 27, 2014 4:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice page, but somewhat confused

Nice page, but I'm somewhat confused what you mean by the below statement:

However, when the American southwest comes up in conversation or travel planning, it is usually the National Parks that leaves one intrigued: The Canyonlands in central Utah, the Grand Canyon in northwestern Arizona and to a lesser degree, Arches National Park also in central Utah

Do you mean those are your favorite parks? What does the "to a lesser degree" mean?

If you are speaking of visitor numbers, Canyonlands is actually the least visited National Park in Utah. It sees less than half of the visitors of Arches and less than Capitol Reef as well. It sees about 1/3 the amount of visitors of Bryce Canyon and 1/6 the visitors of Zion.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Dead Horse Point' main page