lisaeImpressive Page!

lisae

I want to go there after reading it. . .
Posted Feb 14, 2007 2:43 am

KieferRe: Impressive Page!

Kiefer

Thank you Lisae! I spent ALONG time writing most of this out and editing. Thanks for your great comment!
Posted Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am

Aaron JohnsonBeen There!

Aaron Johnson

Loved it. We were very impressed. Your suggestion of hooking all the trails up for a loop is something we will look into, so thanks for that tip. Your page is just stellar and it's been a while since I've seen one this good--well written and packed with info in addition to great pictures. You've set a fine example. Thanks for your hard work. At least I appreciate it.
Posted Feb 14, 2007 4:51 am

KieferRe: Been There!

Kiefer

Aaron, thank you. Reading a comment like yours makes me glad I put in the 15-16 hours to construct the page (seriously). That's one of the best comments I've ever had. Wish I could buy you a beer! I agree, it is a great place.
Posted Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Bob SihlerGreat Page

Bob Sihler

You put an incredible amount of work into this page, and it shows. Very nicely done, very informative. I enjoyed watching its progress last night and looked forward to seeing the completed work.
Posted Feb 14, 2007 4:08 pm

KieferRe: Great Page

Kiefer

Thanks BSIHLER! I was actually wondering who was sneaking around clicking on pics! :o)
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.
Posted Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm

CharlesDvery nice

CharlesD

This is a great page with lots of good information and some spectacular photos. But I wonder if it might be better classified as a mountain/rock rather than as an area/range?
Posted Feb 20, 2007 6:07 pm

KieferRe: very nice

Kiefer

Thank you for the comment. Glad you find the beta helpful!
Since the place doesn't really have any opportunities for climbing or even scrambling and covers a fairly decent amount of land with (very) minimal altitude deviation, I figure it would better classify as an area/range. I thought about this before I attached it though.
Thanks, Charles!
Posted Feb 25, 2007 11:40 pm

KieferRe: Very Impressive...

Kiefer

Thanks very much Jeff! Appreciate the feedback. I didn't know you were over here at Summitpost AND in the neighborhood! We should do a climb together sometime.
Again, thanks for the great comment!
Kiefer
Posted Feb 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Bill ReedNice page!

Bill Reed

Lots of good info. One of those great places that's hard to get to. Thanks for taking the time and effort.
Posted Apr 14, 2008 4:44 pm

KieferRe: Nice page!

Kiefer

Thank you very much, Bill! It seems the more one explores Utah, the more one finds off the beaten path! Thanks for the comment!
Kiefer
Posted Apr 21, 2008 7:26 pm

mtybumpoGreat Page!

mtybumpo

Dead Horse Point was a stop on the first vacation I ever remember going on with my family. I remember that it was big and scary because I was afraid of falling off a cliff. Other than that I remember that I was always asking where all the dead horses were and how they died.
Posted Sep 24, 2008 11:48 pm

mrhNeat Place

mrh

I'm glad to see this page. I visited here in 1998 and have always wanted to go back.
Posted Sep 25, 2008 5:14 pm

ScottNice page, but somewhat confused

Scott

Nice page, but I'm somewhat confused what you mean by the below statement:

However, when the American southwest comes up in conversation or travel planning, it is usually the National Parks that leaves one intrigued: The Canyonlands in central Utah, the Grand Canyon in northwestern Arizona and to a lesser degree, Arches National Park also in central Utah

Do you mean those are your favorite parks? What does the "to a lesser degree" mean?

If you are speaking of visitor numbers, Canyonlands is actually the least visited National Park in Utah. It sees less than half of the visitors of Arches and less than Capitol Reef as well. It sees about 1/3 the amount of visitors of Bryce Canyon and 1/6 the visitors of Zion.
Posted Jun 27, 2014 4:12 pm