Viewing: 1-3 of 3
EricChu

EricChu - Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Good report!

I'm sorry for you that you had to miss out on the summit...Nevertheless, it was surely quite a memorable experience as well! Sometimes, the summit isn't the most important thing...I remember how back in 1986 I tried to go up Punta Rossa della Grivola and had to give up only 100 meters below the summit - the steep icefield was one I didn't dare set foot on without crampons - and nevertheless, it's a day I'll never forget, the area and the views I had were so spectacular! Of course, yes, at least I had good weather; you had to fight with a raucous wind on your venture...
In any case, I enjoyed reading your well written report, and also the photos are very good! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!
Cheers,
Eric

Scott

Scott - Oct 28, 2012 10:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good report!

I'm sorry for you that you had to miss out on the summit...Nevertheless, it was surely quite a memorable experience as well!

Indeed. We successfully climbed the mountain last June in easier conditions. It is the trip where we failed that I will remember most and that I wrote the trip report on.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Value

we learn much more from failure than from success, especially when the reasons are detailed.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Destined to Fail' main page