Devils Thumb Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Nice work. Maybe a little too many photos.

Here are the topo coordinates:

lat = 39.97806

lon = -105.68389
Posted Jul 25, 2005 3:45 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Great job, you two! Hell yea this one belongs on SP! Looks like you had some fun. I'm guessing the e-mail you wanted to send me had something to do withthe IPW? Scott, you have 40 photos. Just my opinion but that seems a bit excessive for this page. If Vanny37 wants to add a few, your looking at 50 60 shots...Holy smokes! I won't vote that way cuz others may have the patience to view and vote 40 photos. At any rate, the ones I did look at are nice shots. Don't forget to add captions to all of your shots on this page and the other pages you submitted today.

have a good one Scott, again nice job on The Thumb!
Posted Jul 25, 2005 3:59 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Thanks for the vote and input. I deleted 13 photos, so there are now 14 added by me and 13 added by Chris on the page. I'll work on the paragraphs.
Posted Jul 26, 2005 10:10 am

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Cool looking tower and nicely written page Scott.
Posted Jul 25, 2005 4:55 pm

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

Nice page, Scott.
Posted Jul 25, 2005 5:19 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Looks awesome. Well written, great route descriptions. Ditto what Kane said. Be sure to get those very important captions completed. I'll check out the photos for those later.
Posted Jul 25, 2005 7:12 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Scott-You'll figure out which ones to zap. I noticed some pics are not getting votes. I did not vote on all of them myself. The route photos with info in the captions are great!
Posted Jul 25, 2005 9:19 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Sorry to butt in here. Scott, i like a lot of my shots too, and it's always difficult to narrow it down. In the name of exploration of these remote Colorado peaks, post the shots that give us members an idea of the mountain and the route.

Let's face it, the folks that climb these remote/difficult peaks probably only care about a few route photos. Maybe your making the folks out there that in a million years wouldn't climb the Thumb happy by giving them a virtual tour. Leave something to the imagination for those that work up the "balls" to climb the Thumb. I would pick my best 8 shots of the route and my best 6 shots of the mountain and the surrounding area plus a TOPO. 17 shots.

That's what I would do. This is YOUR page so do as you want. Again, nice job on that peak, i know it's out of my league! You should go do Hayden Spire in the Park!
Posted Jul 25, 2005 10:28 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great page Scott, nice work put into it. It looks like you guys had a fun outing. The route pages are super, but my ususal comment of breaking them up into shorter paragraphs.

I see your dilema with the photos -I've been there. A lot of them are good, some are similar, but slightly different. Still, I'd be brutal and cut out 1/3 of them, paring down to the only the best. (I just went through this with my Africa shots for a slide show. It was painful!)

I'll get your pages into What's New tomorrow...
Posted Jul 26, 2005 2:58 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great page Scott! This is an awesome place. At first I thought the page would be Devils Thumb from Alaska, but this is pretty dramatic too! Nice work!

-Britt
Posted Jul 26, 2005 8:55 am

MoniUntitled Comment

Moni

Info is good and the climb looks fun.

Shorter paragraphs more succinctly worded makes for easier on screen reading.
Posted Jul 26, 2005 9:44 am

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

A very thorough page Scott!
Posted Jul 27, 2005 11:55 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Nice job Scott.
Posted Jul 28, 2005 2:18 am

AndinistalocoUntitled Comment

Andinistaloco

I wondered when someone would add this! I soloed it with my little brother in nike high tops back in 1990 or something... ah, the foolishness of youth. Anyway it's great to see the spire here, and nice job, man....

Posted Jul 28, 2005 2:35 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Good job, Scott!
Posted Jul 28, 2005 12:11 pm

vanny37Untitled Comment

vanny37

Great climb!
Posted Jul 28, 2005 1:18 pm

Kenzo OkawaUntitled Comment

Kenzo Okawa

I respect for your lot of works!
Posted Aug 11, 2005 7:59 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

As I work my way up through one month of CO submissions, I've finally reached this very interesting page. Thanks for adding this striking tower to SP. The page is well written and informative.

It's certainly a matter of opinion, but I'd say that you have one route with two approaches. If you were describing hikes, as in your other IPW pages, it would make sense to use separate route pages. But if we take your treatment of Devils Thumb as an example, every climbing route on a mountain with k distinct approaches would become k routes. This is not usually done.

For the third and last time, I'll bother you with this little detail:

it would be appreciated if someone -> it would be appreciated if you
Posted Aug 11, 2005 9:02 pm