Dom Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 51
Diego Sahagún

Diego Sahagún - Aug 27, 2002 2:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Summitmark, I really needed to talk with you in a place where you can't delete my comments, as you did in another occasion. Now that I have you I'm going to say you some things. I think that is not worthy to copy such quantity of information of the books. Who bother if a peak height is 1 cm more or less? Why giving measurements in centimetres? As you've said there are pages of Monte Rosa or Mont Blanc groups here in SP. But I've always expressed my disagreement about those pages, however I think that the Mont Blanc Massif page is much more complete than the Mont Blanc one. The Monte Rosa group page is neither necessary in SummitPost because the most important peaks of the range were already here before. Even the name of the page indicates that we're talking about a "mountain" (not group of peaks or range) page. Another different thing would be to include some information about the adjacent peaks in a mountain page. I really think that you are transgressing (and others) the rules of SP, even with your route pages that include many routes in them.



Concernig those swear words it's very arrogant to advise about them until saying them. I'm not trying to compete here with anybody in terms of low temperatures endurance, when giving those data I only want to inform about the conditions that we had when the pic was taken. I don't mind if you in Milan have lower temperatures or whatever. Surely, Milan is not as cold as my birth's town, Avila, placed at 1.146 m.



Nevertheless, I'd like you to retire those adjetives you used to qualify me. I'm not being ironic here, I'm only expressing my opinions about groups and long pages. You firstly started to disqualify me so I can't be a friend of a person that is insulting me without any cause.



Note: I've posted all our commentaries in the MESSAGE BOARD / Site Feedback / "Not very friendly" thread. You should answer all the asseverations made against you and your pages there and in other threads as "Route pages?" (General board).

Summitmark

Summitmark - Apr 23, 2003 4:57 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Diego,

I read your voting-message about the Dom's page:

I'm the new maintainer and I think now to have solved your requests.



Please get a look to the page.



Thank you,

Marco.

Summitmark

Summitmark - Apr 23, 2003 7:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Informations come from a mix of the books I signalled on the bottom of the page.

The whole books have from 400 to 500 pages...

Who can copy all a book? It's a simple mix summary, as you and other summitposters do.

Why me not?

Also for Monte Rosa and Monte Bianco Group there are pages for the main summits....Then?

Mischabel is a Group!

This comment is very useless, it seems written with a challange stress. It's so easy and I try always to be kind.

Are you stupid?

Or it's normal for you to be ill-mannered, arrogant, with people you've never known? It seems you're a "climber of the sofa"...8 grade under...cold? For a climber?

Milano arrives to -12 in winter, and then?

What's troubling your mind?

I don't know why we can't be friends....Boh....



Cheers.

Marco.

Summitmark

Summitmark - Apr 23, 2003 7:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

And so, there are pages much longer than mine, also for the Mischabel, to being in theme, with table, paragraph, schemes and so on....

Probably Mischabel Group is very long (but there are similar), but Dom is the necessary to know this mountain. And something you can write simply reading a map, if you know how to do it....

Why this type of ironic challenge???

Summitmark

Summitmark - Feb 11, 2003 9:24 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yeah, sure. Anyway, this is not copy. Obviously I don't know addresses, telephones of refuges and every route for these mountain, then I use - like everybody here - something on paper.

But more of what I published I know without supports.

But, is easy to "call for an American action" when the own works are insufficient, then a good page here is bad while other pages like Mont Blanc, Mont Blanc Group (the copycat models), Nadelgrat and Balmenhorn (which are not mountains) are good.

What sort of "political ideas" are these?

Summitmark

Summitmark - Apr 23, 2003 5:00 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Ciao Marco,

sono di nuovo io, non so quali erano le tue aspettative circa la pagina sul Dom.

Ora me ne occupo io, dovresti leggerla adesso per farmi sapere se ho inserito ciò che cercavi.



Grazie, a presto.

Marco.

William Marler

William Marler - May 14, 2003 9:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Lots of reserch. Good job. Cheers William

desainme

desainme - Jul 27, 2003 4:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks-as you can see this is not really my work but it would be great to fly into Geneva,Zurich or Milan for this one.

desainme

desainme - Jul 27, 2003 7:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your positve vote for the Dom. I updated the altitude of the neighboring Lenzspitze. I have a backlog of replies to make. Thanks again

desainme

desainme - Jul 27, 2003 7:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Enjoyed my visit to the Belgian Alpine sight. Do any of the Royals climb these days-I couldn't help but ask since the only ones I ever heard about were King Albert and the Duke of Abruzzi

desainme

desainme - Jul 27, 2003 7:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote. The mailman at the Dom site has changed.

Hope you can get to the Pennine Alps one day and visit this peak. Meanwhile keep enjoying the Bavarian and Tyrolean alps.

desainme

desainme - Jul 27, 2003 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote for the Dom Page. I just took over this page and am going over the correspondence. I see you got pretty close to the Valais with your trip to the Bernese- Jungfrau.

Good pictures there too.

EastKing

EastKing - Sep 1, 2003 10:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Lots of pics and info on this page.

desainme

desainme - Sep 2, 2003 10:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

This is a great page and I didn't really set it up except for resurrection. Its the highest mountain in Switzerland and folks just keep bringing in the pix.

Good hearing from you and thank you for your vote.



Mark

nicowuyts

nicowuyts - Sep 3, 2003 3:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

To answer your question: no. No more Belgian royals climbing nowadays. Since King Albert the 1st died in a climbing accident at Marche-les-Dames (yes indeed, we do have rockclimbing areas in Belgium!) it seems that they are frightened. Although now Albert 2nd, is a motorfreak, and his son an F-16pilot, not to mention his other son who is a real speedfreak, they seem to have caught a real fear of climbing!

tlogan

tlogan - Nov 20, 2003 1:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page.. and some good points about peaks vs. summits that needed to be said.

desainme

desainme - Nov 20, 2003 6:02 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for visiting this page. Time to pull out a copy of "On High Hills" by Geoffrey Winthrop Young" and read the chapter, A Memory of the Mischabel. The list of contributors to this page is quite extensive.

desainme

desainme - Jan 5, 2004 12:52 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Philt, This mountain is not too far from Samoens but a bit of a distance from Paris. A worthy one to climb.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Feb 13, 2004 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Overall a good page though I think that there is a lot of excess information that is not really that great. Also, it could use a little editing for grammar, spelling, and capitalization.

desainme

desainme - Feb 25, 2004 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for stopping in and voting and also for your log of the Dom via Festigrat. Good climbing.

Viewing: 1-20 of 51
Return to 'Dom' main page