Viewing: 1-5 of 5
scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Jun 6, 2014 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Page

Having only traveled through Nevada a few times, I have wondered how often hikers and climbers visit many of the lonely peaks and small ranges there? Summits away from the high traffic areas have always intrigued me. One never knows what they will get to see that few others ever do. Thanks for your work on these kinds of summits.

Dean

Dean - Jun 6, 2014 4:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Page

Thanks for your comments. I used to do all my hiking and climbing in Oregon/Washington but on some trips down to do the Nevada county highpoints, I kind of got hooked on the uniqueness of Nevada's offerings. Nevada is still a place where you feel the spirit of the old west and several of my friends, are also spending alot of time doing the isolated peaks in the state. The true pioneers of Nevada Peakbagging are Californians, Gordon MacLeod and Barbara Lilley of the Simi Valley and John Vitz of Oceanside. They were out doing these peaks when there wasn't any information about them at all. Kudos to their efforts.

McCannster

McCannster - Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Dutch John

Hi Dean,

There is a locale in NE Utah called Dutch John...same origin maybe?

-David

Dean

Dean - Jun 15, 2014 6:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Dutch John

It'd be interesting to know if it was the same guy.

aobbard

aobbard - Sep 8, 2020 8:38 am - Hasn't voted

GPS coordinate correction - 93 turn-off

Hey Dean, thanks for the page. I think you may have mistyped a digit for the US 93 turn-off. Instead of "38.4664 113.6450", I believe it should be 38.4664, -114.6450.

Have admired this one form the highway as well. Hoping to visit this Fall.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Dutch John Mountain (NV)' main page