East Ridge-Colony Lakes Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
big_g

big_g - Aug 9, 2003 12:22 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

At least as of 07 Aug 2003, the traverse below the summit of Point 13799 is cairned. Personally, I followed the cairned route, dropped my pack at the saddle and ascended 13799 (Obstruction Point) for pictures. Easy and rewarding.

big_g

big_g - Aug 9, 2003 12:27 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Roach's and Dawson's guides did not prepare me for my first view of the traverse. It looks like suicide, but with good judgement and an eye for cairns it can be kept at moderatly exposed class 3 (or less) the whole route.

wuff4u

wuff4u - Aug 14, 2009 4:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Crossing the Notch

This is from my July 09 trip. From Point 13799 Follow the cairned traverse west to the edge of the ridge below Kat at an obvious cairn and small notch. This is the top of the gully furthest to the south that can be downclimbed before the ridge line drops off. Downclimb 100' to a ledge/ramp. follow this to the right. The ramp becomes a ridge line. Follow the ridge NW crossing two notches. Just before a bulge and the end of the ridge climb down a shallow dihedral for 50'. Step left on to a Arete just below a bulge. Down the Arete 50'. Cross the face to the left to the edge just above the saddle. Down climb 10' to the saddle. This route is easily seen from the Kit side but not from Kat. Class 3.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'East Ridge-Colony Lakes' main page