Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.25156°N / 121.1404°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 4517 ft / 1377 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Lake Kachess
 View from along the trail


Located between Lake Cle Elum and Lake Katchess, Easton Ridge is a great mountain to hike when conditions on higher mountains or more western Cascades are less than ideal. Because the peak is less than 4500 feet in elevation the mountain usually loses it snow a lot quicker than higher mountains in the region. But don't let the lower elevation full you! This mountain is home to excellent views of neighboring mountains as well as Lake Katchess and Mount Rainier as well as Mount Stuart.

A look at the true summit
 The summit rocks


Easton Ridge can be reached by trail therefore the terrain is pretty much Class 1 all the way to the two summits. That being said take the Easton Ridge Trailhead #1212 trail up to the first intersection switchbacks up the northern part of Easton Ridge with a steep 1100' elevation gain in roughly 0.8 miles. The Easton Ridge Trail rises quickly to 4000 in elevation and then side traversing the false summit. From there the trail faded and in some areas it is hard to spot until near the true summit. It should be noted that the USGS marker does not appear to be on the true summit but a set of rock 400 yards to the south. These rocks easily look twenty feet lower than the true summit from both angles. The side scrambles to both the true summit and the where the USGS marker is both Class 2 with the one by the marker being a little more exposed.

The USGS survey marker area
Not the true summit but the place where the USGS survey marker is located

A look at the true summit
The true summit

Views from the rocks
Throwing for the heavens 

Getting There

VIA THE WESTERN TRAILHEAD FROM I-90: You want to take Exit 70 which is called the Easton/ Sparks Road exit. Head north and make an immediate left turn. Drive one mile and make a right on the Kachess Dam Road. After 0.8 miles past the telephone poles make a right turn onto an unmarked forest road.Drive a mile along the unmarked forest road to the dead end trailhead.

Red Tape

No forest pass needed. No fees at trailhead. However the trails are only for hiking only

Camping

There is no camping allowed on Easton Ridge or neighboring summits in the region. However there is camping located at the trailhead.

External Links 





Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.