Viewing: 1-8 of 8
nartreb

nartreb - Nov 12, 2008 4:17 pm - Voted 6/10

East End of Rundle

Is EEOR Rock a distinct object from "Mount Rundle (east end)"? Please add a brief section explaining the acronym and defining the boundaries of your Area.

Actually I wonder why this page is of type Area/Range and not Mountain/Rock.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 12, 2008 4:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: East End of Rundle

Already was put in as Area/Range. Do you want to rephrase your question above? You appear to be asking why it is not listed as an area/range. Are you familar with Mount Rundle? You can scramble up to the East End, which is not the high point of the mountain, but is its own peak. It is a massive mountain. We call this EEOR. EEOR has a huge face of serious multi pitch climbs that have claimed the life of a few, but is a spectacular setting over Canmore. I have climbed about 20 of them, and added some of the more popular ones to this area page for the climber, not hiker, who might be inclined to climb the face and needs the beta. Good luck on your climbs if in fact that is your interest in the page.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 12, 2008 4:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: East End of Rundle

looks like you rephrased your original post...we climbers prefer to think of the face as an general climbing area. Bottom line is I am more comfortable with this list being in that category. I am not interested in adding any text to the page. When the "climber" finds it, he/she knows what to do with it, there is no further explanation needed and has no other intent. This page is strickly a climbing tool.

nartreb

nartreb - Nov 12, 2008 5:08 pm - Voted 6/10

Re: East End of Rundle

Nope, my post was not edited. Of course I am not familiar with Rundle, that is why I am still confused about the definintion of "Mt Rundle (east end)" vs "EEOR" vs "EEOR Rock". It just occured to me that there might be no such real-world object as "EEOR Rock"; rather you may be using the name to indicate that you intend this page as a collection of rock routes on EEOR. (As I said, I'm confused. That guess may be wrong.)

It's not of much consequence, but I think it makes more sense for Areas to include Mountains and not vice versa.

If this page is simply a list of rock routes without any more explanation, and does not refer to a physical object that is distinct from Mount Rundle (east end), I have to question whether it serves any purpose not already being met by including the routes on the Mount Rundle (east end) page.

Summitpost is of course a useful tool for climbers, but it serves a wider audience, and pages should include information to help orient the reader as to the page's place in the overall structure of the site. I hope you will reconsider your attitude about considering constructive criticism.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 12, 2008 5:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: East End of Rundle

Well your credibility David is not on sound ground, because you did in fact edit your post...but as far as you being confused, I concur with that....ever visit the "area" you might get a better perspective of why we call a section of walls like this an area, but I somehow doubt you can climb these routes....focus on the positive things in life, stuff you can do and know and maybe you won't get so confused...bottom line, a hiker like yourself down-voting a hard earned climbing page like this (I personally climbed every route on this page) is kind of pathetic don't you agree David? When I get the time, I will give you my voting opinion of your short treks that really don't need to be written up or submitted to any website, in my opinion that is. I guess you are dying for attention from me for some reason. I really don't have interest in your contributions anymore than you should have in mine. Cheers.

James_W

James_W - Nov 13, 2008 10:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Area

This is true Dow. One visit to this side of Rundle confirms it is a massive area.

TimmyC

TimmyC - Nov 1, 2009 12:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Hmm... only a half-day's drive?

Canmore is looking more and more like a destination for next spring/summer.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 1, 2009 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hmm... only a half-day's drive?

If you have not been, prob worth a visit TimmyC. Send me a PM when in town. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'EEOR Rock Climbs, 5.7-5.11' main page