EIGHT THOUSAND METER PEAKS IN PAKISTAN.

EIGHT THOUSAND METER PEAKS IN PAKISTAN.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Bouldering, Aid Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Wildlife, Flora, Topo/Diagram, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Humor, Water

Eight thousand Meter peaks in Pakistan.

The Northern Part of Pakistan composed by the Himalayan, Karakoram and Hindu Kush mountain systems, presents one of the most enthralling and beautiful mountains in the world. Pakistan has five above 8000 meter peaks out of the fourteen including K-2 (8611m),the second highest peak in the world, Nanga Parbat known as Killer mountain (80125m), Hidden Peak (8068m), Broad Peak locally Falchen kang Ri (8048m) and GashabrumII (8035m), here introduction of these five 8000 meter peaks.

K-2 locall name Chogo Ri (8611m)
K 2 (LOCALL NAME CHOGO RI )
The Savage Mountain", K-2 (8611 m),the first in Pakistan and the second highest peak in the world,oneside in China and partly in the Pakistan Northern Areas. since more than hundred expedition groups had attempted but some have succeeded to the summit. The mountain is 8,611 meters (28,251 feet) high. It is believed that the mountain is harder to climb than Everest because of its very bad weather. K-2 is also much higher than the area around it when compared to Everest. K2 is nicknamed .
The mountain was first discovered and measured in 1856 by Henry Haversham Godwin-Austen and Col. T.G. Montgomerie and was given the symbol K-2(Karakoram No. 2). The first serious attempt to climb K-2 was organized and undertaken in 1902 by Oscar Eckenstein and Aleister Crowley, subsequent attempts made to climb the mountain in 1909, 1934, 1938, 1939 and 1953 were ended in failure. An Italian expedition finally succeeded in ascending to the summit of K-2 on July 31, 1954.The expedition was led by Ardito Desio, although the two climbers who actually reached the top were Lino Lacedelli and Achille Compagnoni. The peak has now been climbed by almost all of its ridges.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nanga Parbat ( 8125m)

Nanga Parbat (8125m)


Nanga Parbat: 80125m
Nanga parbat is the 9th highest peak in the world,2nd in Pakistan and also Nanga Parbat means "Naked Mountain" in Urdu, is popularly known as the "Killer Mountain" due to the highest causalities in the first half of the twentieth century. It is immense and dramatic peak of the western corner of the Himalayas. It just south of the Indus River, in the Diamir District of the Northern Areas of Pakistan. The first expedition in 1895 led by Albert F. Mummery to this peak started the mountaineers challenge. Six German expeditions attempted the peak in the 1930s, but none succeeded, and dozens of climbers died in storms and avalanches. German expedition was first climbed on July 3, 1953 by Herman Buhl.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hidden peak (G 1) 8068m

Hidden Peak (G.1) 8068m


Hidden peak or Gashabrum I (8068m):
Gasherbrum I (8068 m) (also known as Hidden Peak) is the 11th highest peak in the world and the 3rd highest in Pakistan. Gasherbrum I is part of the Gasherbrum massif, located in the Karakoram region of the Himalayas. Gasherbrum means "beautiful mountain".Gasherbrum I was designated K5 (meaning the 5th peak of the Karakoram) by T.G. Montgomery in 1856 when he first spotted the peaks of the Karakoram from more than 200 km away during the Great Trigonometric Survey of India.In 1892, William Maptin Conway provided the alternate name, Hidden Peak, in reference to its extreme remoteness. Gasherbrum I was first climbed on 5th July 1958 by Andy Kauffman and Pete Schoening became the first man to reach the summit of Gasherbrum I. Other members of the expedition were, Nick Clinch, Dick Irvin, Gil Roberts, Tom McCormack, Tom Nevison, and Bob Swift) At 8068 meters (26,470 feet) Gasherbrum I ranks number eleven among the fourteen 8000 meter mountains on our earth.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Broad Peak ( Locall Name Falchen Khang Ri ): 8048m

Broad Peak ( Locall name Phalchen kang Ri )


Broad Peak ( Locall Name Falchen Khang Ri ): 8048m
The 8048 meters high Broad Peak is the 12th highest mountain on Earth and the 4th highest in Pakistan. Broad Peak is part of the Gasherbrum massif and is about 8 kilometers from K 2. Due to its wide summit (i mile long) the peak called Broad Peak. Broad Peak is known locally as Falchen (wide) Kang Ri (peak) in Balti.The first ascent of Broad Peak was made on June 9, 1957 by Marcus Schmuck, Kurt Diemberger Fritz Wintersteller,, and Hermann Buhl of an Austrian expedition led by Marcus Schmuck.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gashabrum II ( 8035m)

Gashabrum (2)  8,035 m)


Gashabrum II: 8035m
Gasherbrum II (8035m) (K-4) is the 13th highest mountain on Earth and the 5th highest in Pakistan.Gasherbrum II is the third highest peak of the Gasherbrum massif, located in the Karakoram range of the Himalaya,located on the border of Pak-China
It is generally considered one of the easiest 8000 meter peaks.Gasherbrums II was first climbed on July 8, 1956 by Fritz Moravec, Josef Larch and Hans Willenpart of an Austrian expedition.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Comments

No comments posted yet.