Elkhorn Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
westcoastcaver

westcoastcaver - Aug 11, 2019 12:56 pm Date Climbed: Jul 26, 2005

mucking about

camped on upper portion near snow fields, explored around with no attempt at summit. Did experience wolves around camp! Great weather and views.

hunterslee

hunterslee - Aug 20, 2018 8:57 pm Date Climbed: Mar 10, 2018

Winter Climb  Sucess!

Climbed the North Face with Chris Jensen and Ryan Van Horne: 6 pitches of fun and next thing you know we are on the summit watching the sun set over the west coast- good times!

tcunha

tcunha - Sep 17, 2014 5:27 pm Date Climbed: Sep 14, 2014

Group of 3

Went up without ropes... silly. Made it 55m from the summit through the west couloir and had to turn around... amazing views and a great trip regardless. Camped on the open ridge on the way up.

walkingtrashcan

walkingtrashcan - Aug 31, 2012 2:14 am Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2012

solo day trip  Sucess!

Climbed Rope solo via the West Couloir. Summited in late afternoon. As I hiked down, it got dark as I reached the treeline. round trip 13h.

hsmacmath - Aug 26, 2006 8:15 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2006

Father and Son  Sucess!

Climbed the West Couloir with my dad under perfect skies and good temps. The view from the top was wicked. It was fun climbing on great holds but there was a lot of loose rock in the gullies, and it was difficult to ascend/descend without sending down a stream of rock. Saw only 1 other party for the three days out there.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Mar 30, 2006 4:44 am Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2004

Two-up on Elkhorn  Sucess!

Summit via the W Gullies in approx 5.5h from the forest col camp with my climbing buddy Graham. A demanding but very satisfying day. Only disappointment was no view from the summit in the mist (which cleared out as soon as we were off the summit block of course). As usual on Island mountains, we had the whole thing to ourselves. Visit from a cougar in camp that night.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Elkhorn Mountain' main page