Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.13582°N / 105.34999°W
Additional Information County: Boulder
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8530 ft / 2600 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A less popular, less known about hike in the Boulder area. The immediate area around Fairview Peak was scorched in a wildfire a few years ago and so there is a ghost forest surrounding the immediate area of the peak. There is not an established trail leading to the summit, however at the top of the peak there is a Forest Service Marker as well as a log book.

Getting There

From HWY 36, take Left Hand Canyon Dr West for approximately 3.7 miles. You can approach the peak for the OHV Area or from any of the following turnouts up the rd. To navigate up the peak it is useful to be in possession of a topographic map of the area, and navigate up towards the peak via the OHV trails or by bushwhacking up the various hills and creekbeds that surround the peak.

Red Tape

Once you approach the ridgeline from the Southside there is an area of private land below the summit. Simply hike around the private land and approach the peak from the East or West of the National Forest boundary.

Camping

Various rouge campsites are located adjacent to the OHV roads leading up to the peak.

External Links

Add External Links text here.