Gennargentu Main Ridge Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 11, 2010 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Below the main ridge

Because weather was not so good, we followed the path SW of the main ridge, which is the fastest ascent possibility for Punta la Marmora. By car you can reach Rifugio Desulo-Gennargentu, on good 1500 meters. From the mountain hut the road ascends in 2 steep turns some 50 meters and then goes horizontally almost to the saddle (good 1600 m) below Bruncu Spina. From there, continue crossing the (S) slopes of Bruncu Spina, first horizontally, then descending some 50 meters. You pass a few nice water sources, which may however in summer be dry. At the ravines of ex mountain hut the path turns up again and in good 15 minutes you reach Arcu Gennargentu. From there it's still some 30 minutes to the main summit of Punta la Marmora (as Gangolf described). This approach shoul take you less than 1 h 45 min from the car to the highest point. (I will post also 2 pictures, if you incorporate this text on the main page, you can embed them to the text.)

Cheers!
Vid

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 26, 2010 4:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Below the main ridge

Vid, can you add this description yourself? I'm not sure I understood where you came from and how you reached the ridge. Years back there was another SP member who told me there was a second better route but she never answered my request to detail it.

Feel free to do all the changes you think neccessary as it has been 6 years since I went to Sardinia and my mind gets a bit foggy ---

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Gennargentu Main Ridge' main page