Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.53512°N / 20.13554°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 8714 ft / 2656 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Gjeravica peak 2656m

Gjeravica is one of most beautiful mountains of east part of albanian alps.It is the second high peak in albanian alps after maja Jezerce 2694m and the highest peak in Kosovo.From the top of the mountain if you have better weather conditions you can see the half of Kosovo in the east and long range of large mountain masif of albanian alps in the west.In the northwest you can see tromegja ( border betwen Albania ,Montenegro and Kosovo)and from the top you can go there for two hours walking.In the north are peaks of Guri i Kuq 2522(Red stone -in albanian),northeast you can see Maja e Rups ,Veterniku peak ,Maja e Strellcit.In the east is a great view of Dukagjini region from Deçani to city of Gjakova in southeast .In the south you can see Rrasa e Zogut 2305m.
Under the peak of Gjeravica from the west part is rocky basin of Erenik river called Gropat e Erenikut with two beautiful glacial lakes one in 2400m and the big lake in 2300m above the sea.Big lake is called Liqeni i likenit and from him begins spring of river Erenik to Drini i Bardhe river.
In the northwest part of pas of Gjeravica peak is another beautiful glacial lake called Zemra .This lake has form of heart (Zemra -heart in albanian).

Weather conditions in Gjeravica

Weather in Gjeravica is very different from minute to minute.I was there in June 2008 and from sunny and hot day for a few minutes there in the top begins snow storm with chilly cold winds ,and after 20 minutes everything stops and weather gets sunny and warm too. Weather forecast for Gjeravica : http://www.weather2umbrella.com/sq/parashikimi-i-motit-babino-polje/eta/11/1407984/1/meteogram

How to get there

under construction