AeldrinName of Grass Mountain?

Aeldrin

I'm curious as to why it is named that, too. I looked in McArthur's Oregon Geographic Names and Grass Mountain isn't in it (at least it isn't in my 7th edition).

Hopefully someone out there knows the answer.
Posted Feb 22, 2007 9:16 pm

DeanRe: Name of Grass Mountain?

Thanks for doing that, I'm always curious about the origin of a mountain's (or peak's) name. Thank you also for voting on the page, I appreciate that.
Posted Feb 22, 2007 9:30 pm

Bob SihlerNo apology needed...

Bob Sihler

...for a "lackluster" mountain. I guess I don't need to tell you that it's the quality of the work that really matters. Your pages are always very well-done.
Posted Feb 22, 2007 10:20 pm

DeanRe: No apology needed...

Thank you, those are kind words. Slowly but surely the Oregon prominence peaks that require a hike or a climb will get represented. Not many left in that category but this one was fun to do with my 8 year old grandson. I could just barely keep up with him though (I need to have that kind of energy). ; )
Posted Feb 22, 2007 10:33 pm

Bob SihlerRe: No apology needed...

Bob Sihler

Maybe he can play with my 2 1/2-year-old son. I need a break, but I guess he's helping keep me in shape.
Posted Feb 23, 2007 12:53 am

Paul McClellanMileage adjustments

Paul McClellan

Thank you for creating this page, Dean. It really helped me. I have a few observations about the drive in:

The road off the highway is marked as "Follet Road".

mileages:

0.5 mi: take the right fork (vs 1 mile)
5.9 mi: take the right fork (vs 3.8)
9.0 mi: stay left at a fork in a large clearcut
9.7 mi: turn left at triangular junction (your "T" junction)
10.7 mi: junction with older road.

These mileages match well with Edward Earl's on peakbagger.com, except the fork at 9.0 miles might be a new one.
Posted Aug 21, 2015 1:23 pm

DeanRe: Mileage adjustments

Thanks Paul for your update on the mileage. I've added your information to the front page plus a link to Edward's TR. Please post any pics you might have taken, it is nice to see updated ones and was there a register present? Thanks again.
Posted Aug 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Paul McClellanRe: Mileage adjustments

Paul McClellan

Hi Dean. Yes, your register was still there. I enjoyed reading your entry and those that followed. I will post a photo or two of the route. Thanks again for enriching the summitpost site with so many peak descriptions.
Posted Aug 23, 2015 2:49 pm