Grays Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 25 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

charles97Untitled Comment

charles97

Nice work. BTW, the official height of Grays is now 14,278 according to the latest USGS datasheets. Many of the other 14'ers have new heights too.
Posted Jul 17, 2002 1:09 pm

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

very good information!
Posted Jul 30, 2002 10:30 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nicely done. Since the elevation change, many mountains need updating.
Posted Aug 21, 2002 8:38 pm

coloradoUntitled Comment

good page, but given its popularity, i think it should be a special page. stuff like a concise overview of routes and approaches, winter acdcess, etc.
Posted Sep 17, 2002 7:51 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

I am working on making additions tot he page... thanks for the input.
Posted Jul 14, 2003 10:51 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice page. My to do list just keeps getting longer and longer.
Posted Jan 3, 2003 3:00 pm

pete56Untitled Comment

Take a look at this page....

Not that your is not nice but I think if I am going to hike some 14ers the info..

helps me more
Posted Sep 5, 2003 2:58 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

what would you like to see to improve this site? Other than history?
Posted Dec 22, 2003 7:53 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

A very crowded and easy 14'er.
Posted Mar 15, 2004 2:38 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Nice page about a very popular mountain. As you've updated it in the past couple of days, I feel confident that I can give you a 4 star vote with the assumption that you will continue to keep it updated. Also, although it is far from what many of us seek in a route and you have 2 routes with far more appeal already posted, it would be good to put up a route page for the standard walkup, as it is a very commonly done route. If you don't feel comfortable adding this route, I'm sure that somebody on SummitPost is more than capable. Thanks,

Sam
Posted May 21, 2004 9:43 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Thanks for the vote Sam. Rest assured that I will make updates to the page as appropriate. The walk up class 1 is described in the "getting there" section. I agree this is the most popular route, but since it is class 1 on a well marked trail, I don't want to try to make a mountain out of a molehill ( No pun intended). All one needs to do is get on the trail and stay on it to the summit.

I feel quite capable in handling it, and I also agree there are many talented people on this site. What makes this site so special, in my opinion, is that people are free to add routes or other information to a page as they see fit. That is the way it was designed and we can all benefit from the shared experiences of many.
Posted May 21, 2004 11:01 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

I definitely agree. I don't know how I missed the reference to the standard route in the Overview section.
Posted May 21, 2004 11:22 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Very good page. Obviously a popular one. Two of your links under 'Mountain Conditions' need maintenance.
Posted Jun 26, 2004 7:53 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Thanks for the vote. I repaired the mountain conditions link, but all the other links on the page appear to be working correctly.
Posted Jun 27, 2004 12:46 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Hmmm. The weather forecast link still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's not supposed to, since the forecast displays right there on your main page.
Posted Jun 27, 2004 5:49 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

The weather info is supposed to show on the page- it is not intended to be a link. But the site puts their www.timetemperare url on so you can go to it if you want to type it in.
Posted Jun 27, 2004 9:50 pm

awillsonUntitled Comment

awillson

Information is good, but there are some gramatical mistakes.
Posted Jul 19, 2004 5:07 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

I believe I have corrected any grammer errors. Please look at the page again and consider revoting.
Posted Aug 6, 2004 10:11 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

You should add Grays to the Front Range group!
Posted Nov 14, 2004 12:29 am

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Thanks for the kind words and vote. It would be nice to know that some of the tips actually might save a life. I will be leading a group of about 15 men to climb 14ers this summer... most have never climbed... and we do want to be SAFE!
Posted Apr 5, 2005 7:53 pm