Gulf Unique Area

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 44.98556°N / 73.77355°W
Additional Information County: Clinton
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Route Description

From the parking lot, follow the red trail markers. The trails is 2.6 miles long with the option of a loop ( yellow trail markers ) at 0.25 miles from the end of the trail. Return the same way to the parking lot.

There a nice waterfall near the end of the trail that is approximately 60 feet high. You can ice climb the waterfall during winter.

The trail is mostly flat. you gain approximately 100 feet of elevation over the 2.6 miles long trail. You can fill up your water bottles at the 1/3 of the way in a nice brook but always purify your water before drink it.

The trail stop at the Canada/U.S.A. border.

Here is a link to an unofficial map on STRAVA : Gulf Unique Area

Getting There

From Montréal, drive south on highway 15, HWY 15 will become I-87 after the US/CANADA custom, take the exit for US 11 (Mooers)and turn left on the US 11. Then wend your way west and turn right on Cannon Corners Rd. Turn left on DeCoste Rd (Formerly Rock Rd) before the US/CANADA custom, drive approximmately 3 miles and you will see the parking on your right.



From Plattsburgh, drive north on the New York I-87, take the exit for US 11 (Mooers)and turn left on the US 11. Then wend your way west and turn right on Cannon Corners Rd. Turn left on DeCoste Rd (Formerly Rock Rd) before the US/CANADA custom, drive approximmately 3 miles and you will see the parking on your right.



RED TAPE

I don't recommend this trail during late fall because of the hunting season.