H)- Southern RANGES Summary

H)- Southern RANGES Summary

Page Type Page Type: List
Additional Information County: Champorcher, Cogne, Savara, Grisenche, La Thuile, Piedmont, Isère Valleys
Sign the Climber's Log

OVERWIEW of SYNTHESIS

"Slowly meeting the Chains of Mountains / Pian pian andando incontro alle Catene dei Monti", by emilius
The last three Parts (H, I and L ) are used to complete this work on the Alps in Valley of Aosta and Piedmont some mountains bordering France and Switzerland, which directly "bind" our mountain ranges. The goal is to propose a synthetic trace of the other previous Parts (A to G) that "break" the Valley into seven distinct and logical sectors. In this Eighth Part, or Part H, you make a recapitulation of Parts F "F)- GREAT PARADISE or MOUNT ISERAN/ THE GRIVOLA - RIGHT SIDE Sixth Part" and G "G)- GREAT SASSIERE - RUTOR TESTA or HEAD Seventh Part", trying to give an overview of the most easily readable, as well as summary thereof. They wanted to highlight the mountain ranges in their linear topographic and natural development while maintaining the order of description time, in this case from East to South and from South to Northwest up to the Seigne Hill. Here, still within the Graians, begins the Mount Blanc Massif belonging to another was Geological than the previous and oldest orogenesis. They entered and the ridges of the Northern border Appendices which form the divider between the main valleys, or between vallon and vallon. Other areas "inner" directed generally toward the Central Valley of the River Dora Baltea were analyzed and classified by summarizing and grouping them together in the last section, also trying to keep a description of these semi-circular clockwise from South to Northwest first and Northeast later, or from the tops over to the Tower of Lavina/Arietta/Peradzà Groups Tersiva, Emilius, Grand Avert and concluded before to the Northeast with those of Glacier, Avic/Mont Lyan and after more in East from Gran Rossa to Cima Piana/Mont Charvatton . A second similar work will be dedicated to the Northern part of the watershed of the border and will include Parts A, ie, the Mount Blanc, and the following Parts B, C , D and E aimed at Pennine Alps to the Mount Rosa Mountain Chain. A final Part L or the tenth, finish the job and will consist of an General Index and a Glossary useful in tracing the features of interest. This part also primarily combined with analytical job on Valleys and Walloons of the Aosta Valley has been restored to its original intent, namely synthesis, the excessive expansion of work in other directions made ​​her exaggeratedly decay from its primary purpose.
"From this Ice Cold Sea comes out Life", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Quest'ultime tre Parti (H, I ed L) servon a completare questo lavoro concernente tutto l'arco alpino della Valle di Aosta nonché alcune montagne confinanti con Piemonte, Francia e Svizzera, che direttamente si "legano" alle nostre catene montuose. L'obiettivo é quello di proporre una traccia sintetica delle altre precedenti parti (da A a G) che "spezzano" la Valle in sette ben distinti e logici settori. In questa ottava Parte, o Parte H, s'effettua una riepilogazione delle Parti F "F)- GREAT PARADISE or MOUNT ISERAN/ THE GRIVOLA - RIGHT SIDE Sixth Part" e G "G)- GREAT SASSIE'RE - RUTOR TESTA or HEAD Seventh Part", cercando di darne una visione d'insieme più facilmente leggibile, nonché riassuntiva delle medesime. Si son volute evidenziare le catene montuose nel loro lineare, topografico e naturale sviluppo mantenendo sempre l'ordine di descrizione orario, in questo caso da Oriente a Sud e da Sud verso Nordovest insino al Col de la Seigne. Qui, pur sempre all'interno delle Alpi Graie, s'inizia il Massiccio del Monte Bianco appartenente ad altra Era Geologica rispetto alle precedenti e più antiche orogenesi. Si son inserite e collegate alle creste di confine le Appendici Settentrionali costituenti il divisorio tra le principali valli, oppure tra vallone e vallone. Altre aree "più interne" rivolte, in genere, verso la Valle Centrale del Fiume Dora Baltea son state analizzate e classificate riassumendole e raggruppandole insieme nell'ultima sezione, cercando anche per queste di mantenere una descrizione semi circolare in senso orario da Sud verso Nordovest dapprima e Nordest dopo, ovvero dalle cime oltre la Torre di Lavina/Arietta/Peradzà verso i Gruppi di Tersiva, Emilius, Grand Avert per poi concludere maggiormente dapprima a Nordest con quelli di Glacier/Rafray, Avic/Mont Lyan ed in seguito più ad Est dalla Gran Rossa verso Cima Piana/Mont Charvatton. Un secondo similare lavoro sarà dedicato alla parte Settentrionale dello spartiacque di frontiera e comprenderà le Parti A, cioé il Monte Bianco, e le successive Parti B, C, D ed E rivolte alle Alpi Pennine fino alla Catena del Monte Rosa. Un'ultima Parte L, ovvero la decima, concluderà il lavoro e sarà costituita da un Indice Genenale e da un Glossario utili a rintracciare le peculiarità di interesse. Questa parte, inoltre, primariamente abbinata ad un lavoro di analisi sulle Valli ed i Valloni della Valle di Aosta é stata ripristinata nel suo intento originario, ovvero di sintesi; l'eccessivo ampliamento del lavoro in altre direzioni la facevano esageratamente decadere dal suo scopo primario.
"Great Sassière from Becca of Traversière & emilius Author of almost all pictures in this work", itself by emilius
^^^^^^^

Mountain Ranges stretching East/Southeast/ South/ Southwest & finally from Gran Paradiso fold in North

"Monte dei Corni Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
This part of the paper proposes a more schematic than in specific Parts F and G, the trend of the mountain ranges in their development between the Appendices of the Eastern Graian up to the Summit of Gran Paradiso, on the crest of the watershed between the Valley Aosta and Piedmont sides of the Orco Valley also known Soana. It is intended to highlight the difference between Groups and Subgroups, according to a choice topographic enough staff, you can not always say what is in fact the highest area on which, at times, is defined in an arbitrary manner for convenience of systematic classification. Typically it is held for a fact the Criterion of the Altitude of a mountain than the surrounding, in other cases was assessed the importance of the reputation of itself or simply the fact that it was the most important or, if you like, the less neglected of that zone. For what all this is added, in relation to the above, the altitude in meters, but not for all the mountains in order to give a glance most immediate and identification in that particular area. With two examples we can see how the two subgroups Lavina Tower and the Great Arolla were divided and classified as a subgroup of the first and the second group which in its own right, and in fact could be considered of equal dignity or, more simply, grouped in a single.
"Rosa dei Banchi Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
In the Guide "Gran Paradiso" C.A.I./T.C.I. by Emanuele Andreis, Renato Chabod and Mario Carlo Santi (1939 , 1963, 1980) was used, cutting to the chase, how to identify them all subgroup, including that of the Maximum Peak. It can be one of many choices. Here you see some shade is preferred in most though, at times, has incurred some inevitable "injustice", as in the examples of the two North Great Appendices which radiate from the Northern Group of the Apostles and the Gran Paradiso. For each group of bits Patrì Points after the Coupé de Money, has remained complementary in the development of the mountain range that ends above the Little Town of Cogne, and secondly, because more extensive and perhaps because it undergoes the charm of a beautiful girl like The Grivola, has been given greater importance to this last giving her the title dignitary Group by itself.
"Punta Nera del Miserino Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
MOUNTAIN CHAINS & SUMMITS In succession watershed from the time Bec Renon beginning of the Valley of Aosta to Gran Paradiso
WATERSHED between Aosta Valley/Piedmont from Northeast to Southwest up to the GRAN PARADISO: Bec Renon-Cima della Battaglia-CIMA di BONZE (2516m) -Bec delle Strije Subgroup. Mont Bo-Bec delle Strije-Cima di Andelmel- Mont Debat Subgroup. Testa Tomé-Bec Saint Jean-Bec Cormoney-Cima Cocor-Mont Pussuy-Mombrignon-Mont Debat Subgroup. Mont Debat-Punta Dondogna-Cima Prel-Mont Arbueil-MONTE dei CORNI (2622m) -Punta della Fricolla-Mont Blanchet-Monte della Corda-Punta Lavere-Grand Bec-Bec Chaty Subgroup. Punta della Fricolla-Punte di Chenessy-Mont Giavin-Mont Digny-Cresta di Luta Subgroup. Monte dei Corni-MONTE MARZO (2756m) -Monte Facciabella-Punta Santanel-Punta di Vòrea-Cresta di Vòrea Subgroup. Monte Nero-Bec Molère-Bec Laris-Punta Champ Chevry Subgroup. Pic Pendente-Becco Pragelas-Cime Beccher-Punta delle Fontane-ROSA dei BANCHI (3164m) -Punta dell'Asgelas-Punta Corona Group. Torre Ponton-Bec Costazza-Cima di Peradzà-Rocce Nere di Peradzà-Testa della Nouva-Testa dell'Arietta-Punta del Miserino-Punta della Scaletta-PUNTA NERA del MISERINO (3063m) Subgroup. Punte del Rancio-TORRE di LAVINA ( South 3308m; North 3277m) . To North Punte di Acque Rosse, various little summits. To Southwest Lavinetta-La Tourelle small Subgroup.
"Lavina & Arolla Groups", by emilius
^^^^^^^
GRANDE AROLLA
(3248m) to North Petite Arolla-Punta delle Tsesère-Punta del Rossin-Cime di Bardoney-Cima delle Loie Group. To Southwest Torre di Forzo-Monveso di Forzo-Roccia Azzurra-Punta delle Sengie-Ago delle Sengie-Cime di Valeille-Punta Scatiglion-PUNTA di ONDEZANA (3487m) Group. GRAN SAN PIETRO (3691m) to North Torri di Sant Andrea-Torre di Sant'Orso-Dito degli Apostoli-Punte Patrì-Punta Cissetta-Punte della Valletta-Punta di Vermiana-Tornetta-Punta Fenilia-Punta Vigeusa-Testa di Montseùc-Montseùc Group. To West between Money Walloon and Piedmont Campanile di Money-Testa di Money-Becco della Pazienza-Gemelli di Roccia Viva-ROCCIA VIVA-BECCA di GAY (3650m; 3609m) Group. Testa di Grand Croux-Testa di Valnontey-Punta di Ceresole-Testa della Tribolazione-Cresta Gastaldi-Il Roc-GRAN PARADISO (4061m) Group. NORTHERN APPENDAGES of GRAN PARADISO: To North Piccolo Paradiso (South Points: Southern, Northern or Frassy; Mont Petit Paradis: Central also Farrar, North or Vaccarone Points)-Becca di Montandayné-Punta Budden-HERBETET (3778m) -Pointes de l'Herbetet (Petites Pointes Meridional, Septentrional)- Gran Sertz or Serra-Punta di Leviona Subgroup. To West Costa del Timorion-Punta del Timorion small Subgroup. To North-northwest Punta dell'Inferno-Costa del Tuf-Punta del Tuf-Becca di Vermiana-Punta Nera-Punta Bianca-Punta Tuckett-LA GRIVOLA (3968m) Group. To Northeast Grivoletta-Cresta Giacosa-Becca Crevasse-Punta del Trajo-Pointe Lavincusse-Becca d'Eytava also Dentavù-Cote Lavincusse Subgroup. To North-northwest Grand Nomenon-Mont Favret-Pointe Valletta-Becca Piana Subgroup. To North-northeast Punta Rossa della Grivola-Punta del Pousset Subgroup.
"Gran San Pietro & Apostles Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Questa parte del lavoro propone in modo più schematico, che non nelle specifiche Parti F e G, l'andamento delle catene montuose nel loro sviluppo tra le Appendici Orientali delle Alpi Graie fino alla Sommità del Gran Paradiso, sempre sulla cresta di spartiacque tra la Valle di Aosta ed i versanti Piemontesi della Valle dell'Orco o altrimenti Soana. S'é voluto evidenziare la differenza tra Gruppi e Sottogruppi, secondo una scelta topografica abbastanza personale; non sempre si può infatti affermare qual sia la cima più importante dell'area che, a volte, vien definita in modo arbitrario per comodità di classificazione sistematica. In genere si é tenuto per certo il Criterio dell'Altitudine d'una montagna rispetto alle circostanti; in altri casi é stata valutata anche l'importanza della notorietà della stessa oppure semplicemente il fatto che fosse la più importante oppure, se volete, la meno negletta di quella zona. Per la quale cosa s'é aggiunta, in rapporto a quanto detto, la altitudine in metri, ma non per tutti i monti al fine di dare un colpo d'occhio più immediato ed identificativo a quell'Area specifica. Con due pratici esempi si può osservare come i due Sottogruppi di Torre Lavina e della Grande Arolla sian stati divisi e classificati il primo come sottogruppo ed il secondo quale gruppo a se stante; in effetti potevano essere considerati di pari dignità oppure, più semplicemente, raggruppati in un unico.
"Grivola Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Nella Guida "Gran Paradiso" del C.A.I./T.C.I. ad opera di Emanuele Andreis, Renato Chabod e Mario Carlo Santi (1939, 1963 e 1980) s'é utilizzato, tagliando la testa al toro, di identificarli tutti qual sottogruppi, compreso quello della Vetta Massima. Può esser una delle tante scelte operate. Qui si é preferito osservare qualche sfumatura in più anche se, a volte, incorrendo in qualche inevitabile "ingiustizia", come nell'esemplificazione delle due grandi Appendici Settentrionali dipartentisi dal Gruppo degli Apostoli e dal Gran Paradiso. Per l'uno il gruppo delle Punte Patrì, dopo il Coupé de Money, é rimasto complementare nello sviluppo della catena montuosa terminante sopra l'abitato di Cogne; per l'altro, perché maggiormente esteso e perché forse si subisce il fascino d'una bella ragazza come La Grivola, é stata data maggior importanza a questa ultima concedendo lei il titolo dignitario di Gruppo a se stante.
"Gran Paradiso Mountain Chain from Northwest, with Northern Appendices up to the Herbetet", by emilius
^^^^^^^

From "Granpa" watershed proceeds to Southwest/ West/Northwest concludes with several North Appendices

"Bioula Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
In this sector, ranging from the Gran Paradiso first toward Southwest then extending to the West in order to conclude the Northwest towards Seigne Hill, the considerations made ​​in the previous way of classifications. Here there is to be recorded as the Northern Appendices are much more "full-bodied" covering several branches departing from Point Fourà from Point Basei from Galisia from Tsanteleina and the Great Sassière; starting from this last is the great development to the North of the ridge border in the direction of the Group Rutor, also Ruitor, with its large glaciers. From this the watershed, turning more to the North-northwest, presents summits less important, but no less fascinating as Becca du Lac, the Great Assaly, the Fréduazs , Mount Valaisan and the Subgroup of Point Léchaud, just before the Col de la Seigne where begins the Chain of Mount Blanc.
"Grande Rousse Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Down to a set of valleys North parallel and perpendicular to the central axis of Baltea, who was born here, we will have a series of Dora (little streams or torrents), after Savara Torrent, into homonym valley, flows downstream flowing into the largest and most important river that flows through the Aosta Valley from West to Southeast to join, along with the Dora Riparia Stream, the Po River that crossing through the Po Plaine in the direction of the Adriatic Sea. The last valley, which is what reaches the Little Saint Bernard and France, has the characteristics of being identified as in its own right and not as a secondary Valley of La Thuile. If nothing else for all those walloons that proliferates to the North in the direction of Val Veny Valley and La Lex Blanche Vallon. Unlike the previous section where the Groups Emilius, Tersiva, Glacier, Avic etc., are dealt with separately in this zone has been added also this area that includes the Vallons of Verney-Tormotta , Breuil, Chavannes , Orgères, Youlaz and other minors. These inland areas offer the feature of presenting ancient opportunities to exploit the mountain by man, and have a large balcony with exceptional views over the entire Massif of Mount Blanc. In addition to their feet the old salt road to the Little that has marked the history of man from Prehistoric times to the Gauls, to the local Celtic People of the Salassians, the Roman Legions and all the Armed Spanish, French and Austrian until Napoleon who roamed the Aosta Valley to enter Italy. Unfortunately, they also saw the cold war on the borders of retrenchment during the Second World War ...
"Great Sassière Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
MOUNTAIN CHAINS & SUMMITS Succession from Gran Paradiso to Arête of Loydon, neighbor Becca of Lac at the end of the watershed South/North
SOUTHWESTERN SATELLITES on WATERSHED: Becca di Mon(t)corvé-Punta Marco-La Tresenta-CIARFORON (3640m) -Becca di Monciair-Denti del Broglio also Breuil-Testa del Grand Etret-Mare Percia Subgroup. NORTH-NORTHWEST APPENDIX: PUNTA FOURA' (3411m) -Mont de la Seyvaz Meridional and Septentrional-Monte Giansana-Punta dell'Arolley or Pointe de la Roley Subgroup. WATERSHED & NORTHERN APPENDAGES amongst Savarenche/Rhemes/Grisenche/La Thuile/Litte Saint Bernard Valleys:
"From Basei to Ceresole Reale Valley", by Gianfranco Vicentini
^^^^^^^
Punta Violetta or Nivolé(t)-Crête de Menthe-Roccia del Nivolé-PUNTA BASEI
(3338m) Group. NORTHERN WATERSHED between Savara/Rhemes Valleys:
"From Bioula to Bianca & Notre Dame Tower", by Giuseppe Lamazzi
^^^^^^^
Cime di Nivoletta(z)
(South and North)-Petite Vaudala-GRANDE VAUDALA(Z) (3270m) -Punte Paletta (Sud and North)-Pointe de Lavassey Subgroup. Punta del Rosset-Punta del Leynir-Mont Taou also Tout Blanc-L'AOUILLE' (3445m) -Cima d'Entrelor-Testa d'Entrelor-Becca Tsambeina- La Treutse Subgroup. Punte di Percià or Pertcha South and North-Cime di Gollien (South, Central, North)-Mont Roletta(z)-Clocher de Djouan-PUNTA BIANCA (3427m) also Truc Blanc Subgroup.
"From Bioula to Lower Valsavara", by Osw
^^^^^^^
To East Fourquin de Bioula
(West, Central and East); on watershed South/North Tour de Notre Dame-PUNTA BIOULA (3413m) -Pointe du Ran-Pointe Chamoussière-Mont Paillasse-Mont Blanc Subgroup. EASTERN WATERSHED:
"Roc Basagne from Point of Galisia", by Marco Cossard
^^^^^^^
Punta Bousson-PUNTA GALISIA
(3346m) -Roc Basagne-Roc du Fond-Punta Calabre-Pointe Quart Quart or Couart Dessus (South, Central and North)-POINTE TSANTELEINA (3601m) -Pic de Golette-Granta Parei Group. To Northeast Truc Saint Hélène small Subgroup. NORTHERN WATERSHED between Rhêmes/Grisenche Valleys: Becca della Traversière-Quota Unnamed 3191 metres-Pointe Bassac Déré-Pointe Bassac South-GRANDE TRAVERSIERE (3496m) -Pointe de Bassac North-Truc Blanc-Cime di San Martino Group.
"Towards Northern Bassac & Truc Blanc", by Marco Cossard
^^^^^^^
To Northwest Becca di Giasson small Subgroup. To North-northeast Pointe de Barmaverain-Punta Tina-Grande Rousse South small but large Subgroup. To Southeast Becca di Fos. GRANDE ROUSSE NORTH
(3607m) -Pointe de Rabuigne Group. To West Mont Forciaz or Fortchat Oriental and Occidental small Subgroup. To North-northeast Cime de Bouque or Boucs-Becca di They-Becca Laugier (Becca de Changier to Southeast)-Becca di Pré d'Amont or Praz-Damon-Punta di Feluma or Feleumaz-Pointe de la Louetta also Becca de Tz(s)aboc Subgroup. To North Quota Unnamed 3275 metres-BECCA di TOS (3301m) -Grand Revers-Becca del Merlo or dù Chamin-Mont de l'Ane-Creu de Bouque Subgroup. To North-northwest Becca Verconey small Subgroup. WATERSHED before in East after to North: GRANDE SASSIERE (3751m) -Petite Sassière-Pointe Nant Cruet-Pointe des Plattes or Pattes des Chamois-Becca di Suessa also Schuetse-Becca de Pertcha-Pointe de Serrù or de Maurin-Mont Quart Group.
"Ormelune Group", by Marco Cossard "Crevassino"
^^^^^^^
To Northwest MONT ORMELUNE
(Southeast also Pointe du Soudzei, Central and Northwest also Pointe de l'Archeboc 3278m) -la Rocher Brune-Bec de l'Âne-Gran Becca du Mont-Arête du Loydon Group.
^^^^^^^ "From The Tresenta towards Léchaud Point", by Gianni Junod & Nino Trapani "Mangiafuoco"
Solo on NW Face ... from La Tresenta  to Valsoera 1968
H)- Southern RANGES Summary  Point Léchaud 1974
H)- Southern RANGES Summary Rest & Ciarforon 1968
^^^^^^^
MOUNTAIN CHAINS & SUMMITS Succession from Testa (Head) of Ru(i)tor to Punta Léchaud at the end of the divide North-northwest & La Thuile Inside Areas
"Rutor Group & Glaciers", by emilius
^^^^^^^
To North-northeast Becca du Lac-TESTA del RUTOR
(3486) -Chateau Blanc-Doravidi (South and North)-Flambeau-Pointe Chenal-Punta Nera-Punta Bianca-Petit Paramont-MONT PARAMONT (3300m) Subgroup. To Norteast Mont Pit-Pointe de la Crosatie-Monte Valletta-Mont Brolliat small Subgroup. To East Bec Taillà-Tour du Tighet also Tignet (Mont Large in Northeast, small watershed between Tillac/Crétaz Walloons) -Pointes de Faveroy (Southwest and Northeast)-Torre Tonda-Monte Colombo Subgroup. To North-northwest Testa del Paramont-Mont Mochette or Mochet-Mont Lussé-Pointes de Ameran (various quotas)-Becca Pouegnenta or Pouignenta (South, Central and North) Mont Charvet Subgroup. To Northwest MONT COLMET (South 3024 and North)-Tete d'Arpy Subgroup. To North Becca du Lac-Punta d'Avernet-Les Vedettes du Rutor (South and North) Subgroup. To North-northwest Pointe Loydon-GRANDE ASSALY (3172m) -Petit Assaly-Pointe du Tachuy-Arête du Tachuy-Mont Charve-Dents Rouges-Petite Arete des Dents Rouges-Roc Rouge-Tete du Charvet-la Lex Blanche-Unnamed Quota 2902 metres-Monts Fréduaz (Southeast, Central and Northwest)-Mont Thuilette Subgroup. To North La Louie Blanche-Mont Valaisan-Bella Valletta-Monte Belvedere-Mont Chaz-Duraz-Terre Noire Subgroup. WATERSHED from Little Sain Bernard Pass to Seigne Hill and INSIDE AREA to East: Lancebranlette-Mont di Fourclaz-Sommet des Rousses-Aiguilles de l'Hermite-Aiguille Veys-Mont Miravidi-Pointe des Ouillons-La Fourclaz-Petit Léchaud-POINTE LECHAUD (2973m) -Unnamed Quota 2956 metres Group.
"Point Léchaud & Mount Blanc", by Marco Cossard
^^^^^^^
WATERSHED to East between La Thuile/Vény Valleys: Inside to East-southeast between Breuil/Chavannes Walloons Bassa Serra-Pointe du Fornet-Mont Ouille-Monte Ciavaretta-Laityre-Grand Berrier Subgroup. To East between Chavannes-Orgères/de la Lex Blanches Walloons Mont Percé-Mont Fortin-Pointes de Chavannes-Mont Favre Subgroup. To South between Chavannes/Orgères Walloons MONT BERRIO BLANC
(3252m) -Cote de Laugeron-Mont Combe Varin Group. To South-southeast between Orgères/Youlaz Walloons Mont Belleface (Northwest, Central and South) small but long Subgroup. To North between Arp Vieille/Combe des Vesses-Chécrouit Walloons Pointe des Charmonts-Cote des Vesses Subgroup. To Northeast between Charmonts/Youlaz Walloons Mont Nix-Arete de Youlaz-Tete d'Arp-Mont Brise Subgroup. To Northeast between Val Vény/Plan Chécrouit Arete de Youlaz-Rocce Bianche-Mont Chétif Subgroup. Inside to Southeast between Youlaz/Praz Walloons Tête de l'Ane-Tête des Vieux-Tête des Jeunes Subgroup. Inside to East between Praz/Crammont Walloons Tete du Grand Mont-MONT CRAMMONT (2737m) -Mont de Nona or Becca di Nona Subgroup.
"Grande Assaly Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Anche per questo settore, che va dal Gran Paradiso dapprima verso Sudovest estendendosi poi ad Ovest concludendo infine a Nordovest in direzione del Col de la Seigne, valgon le considerazioni effettuate per il precedente a proposito delle classificazioni. V'é da annotare come le Appendici Settentrionali son molto più "corpose" riguardando diverse ramificazioni con partenza da Punta Fourà, da Punta Basei, dalla Galisia, dalla Tsanteleina e dalla Grande Sassière; iniziando da questa ultima avviene il grande sviluppo verso Settentrione della cresta di confine in direzione del Gruppo del Rutor, o Ruitor, con i suoi grandi ghiacciai. Da questi lo spartiacque, flettendo maggiormente a Nord-nordovest, presenta vette meno importanti ma non per questo meno fascinose come la Becca du Lac, la Grande Assaly, i Fréduaz, il Mont Valaisan ed il Sottogruppo di Punta Léchaud, appena prima del Col de la Seigne ove prende inizio la Catena del Bianco.
"From Léchaud Point to Mount Blanc", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Scendono a Settentrione un'insieme di valli parallele e perpendicolari all'asse Centrale della Dora Baltea, che qui nasce; avremo così una serie di Dore che, dopo il Torrente Savara nell'omonima valle, scorre verso valle confluendo nel grande e più importante fiume solcante la Valle d'Aosta da Ovest verso Sudest per congiungersi, insieme alla Dora Riparia, al Fiume Po che attraversa la Pianura Padana in direzione del Mar Adriatico. L'ultimo vallone, ovvero quello raggiungente il Piccolo San Bernardo e la Francia, possiede le caratteristiche d'essere individuato come a se stante e non come secondario della Valle di La Thuile. Se non altro per tutti quei valloni che prolifera verso Settentrione in direzione della Val Vény e del Vallone de La Lex Blanche. A differenza della parte precedente dove i Gruppi di Emilius, Tersiva, Glacier, Avic eccetera, son trattati a parte, in questo settore é stata altresì aggiunta anche questa area che comprende i Valloni di Verney-Tormotta, Breuil, Chavannes, Orgères, Youlaz ed ancora altri minori. Quest'aree interne offrono la caratteristica di presentare antiche opportunità di sfruttamento della montagna da parte dell'uomo, nonché sono un grande balcone con eccezionali vedute sull'intera Catena del Monte Bianco. Inoltre ai loro piedi risale l'antica strada per il Piccolo che ha segnato la Storia dell'uomo: dalla Preistoria ai Galli, al locale Popolo di origine Celtica dei Salassi, alle Legioni Romani ed a tutte le Armate Spagnole, Francesi ed Austriache fino a Napoleone che hanno scorazzato per la Valle di Aosta al fine di entrare in Italia. Purtroppo han visto anche la fredda guerra di trinceramento sui confini durante il Secondo Conflitto Mondiale ...
"Berrio Blanc Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^

Inside Northern Ranges above Central Valley of Dora Baltea Stream

"Tersiva Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Finally, it has been left, good last, this vast area that stretches North to the actual Chain of Gran Paradiso and the ridge dividing the Piedmont Region. It is formed by a large isosceles triangle with the base facing the Central Valley of the River Dora Baltea and with its three vertices in the North on the border ridge at the Top of Peradzà, the Northwest with the Point de la Pierre above the little Towns of Aymavilles and Jovençan and Northeast with the foothills of Mount Charvatton above the Municipalities of Pont Bozet, Hone and Issogne. Two valleys delimit it clearly: that of Cogne that goes down to the Northwest with Torrent Grand'Eyvia to Aymavilles and the Champorcher completely counter to the Northeast with Torrent Ayasse to Hone and Bard, where, just beyond its confluence with the Baltea, stands imperious Fortress of Bard who stopped temporarily the advance of Napoleon.
"Grande Roise Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
They are the only two valleys, unlike all the other perpendicular, that go down to "cut" through the Valley of Aosta. Important mining area with its very fine magnetite mines in Cogne (Veins mine of Larsinaz, Colonna and Costa del Pino), of iron, copper and manganese (there is also a very rare violano) in Saint Marcel (Chuc - Servette) and industry Monte Barbeston -Monte Avic (Valmeriana, Herin and Lake Gelato), appears to be characterized by numerous nature reserves. With the P.N.G.P., the Private Reserve Turati (ex Peckoz ) in Saint Marcel and the Natural Park of Mount Avic this area basin right or South of the Valley of Aosta is by far the richest "by providing" just opposite the Park of Mount Mars, at the beginning of the Gressoney Valley. Presents a series small mountain ranges that go down to the Central Valley from the City of Aosta in the direction of what is called the Lower Valley. Among these are distinguished from West to East in succession those of Emilius, Garin, Roèses, Avert, Tersiva, Glacier and Avic. A very large area and fortunately still very wild, although the progressive construction of Shelters and Bivouacs begins to affect that superb fascination tied to something charmingly mysterious who owned up to about thirty years ago.
"Grand Avert Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
MOUNTAIN CHAINS & SUMMITS In North of Gran Paradiso from Cima di Peradzà to Emilius/Punta de la Pierre and from Punta Tersiva to Grand Avert/Mont Roux/Mont Saint Julien and to Glacier/Avic Groups up to the Mont Lyan-Bec Gavin-Mont Charvatton-Serra di Biel above Central Valley.
To North between Urtier/Champorcher/High Comba Tersiva Walloons Cima di Peradzà-Bec Costazza-Tour Ponton-Tour Pontonnet (Southeast and Northwest)-PUNTA TERSIVA (3513m) -Punta del Tessonet Group. To North-northwest between Tessonet-Eastern Lussert/Upper Saint Marcel Walloons Punta Gianni Vert-Punte di Laval (South and North)-Mont Vallonet-Punta di Leppe Subgroup. To North between Les Laures Walloon/Saint Marcel Valley Punta Ilario Antonio Garzotto- Punte Gianni Junod (South and North or Central Roise-GRANDE ROISE (3356m) also Tita Plana-Petite Roise-Becca di Salé-Tour de Salé Subgroup. To West between Lussert/Les Laures Walloons Punta di Lussert-Mont des Laures-Punta di Laures-Punte Rosse dell'Emilius (Eastern, Central and Western) Subgroup. To South-southeast between Arbolle/Arpisson/Grauson Vallons Mont Val(l)aisan-PIC GARIN (3461m) -Tour or Mont Grauson (in East)-Punta Fiorito or Fleurie-Punte di Lavà (North and South)-Tour d'Arpisson-Pointe Coupées d'Arpisson (Northeast, Central and Southwest)-Punta di Arpisson-Southern Antesummit-Tsaplana Subgroup. To West-southwest between Arpisson/Arbolle-Comboé-Dard/Pila Basin Vallons Punta di Pian Bessey Punta della Valletta-Mont Bellefaçe-Testa Nera also Aouille Neira-Costa di Chamolé-Punta di Replan-Signal Sismonda-Punta di Ponteilles-Punta Valletta-Punta del Dard Subgroup. To Northwest between Arpisson/High Grand'Eyvia Slopes/Pila Basin Punta della Valletta-Shoulder 3002 metres-Pointe de Tsasetze-Punta di Monpers-Piatta di Grevon-Punta del Couis-Punta del Drinc(k)-Punta de la Pierre Subgroup.
"Monte Emilius Group & Pic Garin Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
To North between Arbolle/Arpisson/Les Laures Vallons Punta Rossa dell'Emilius Eastern Summit-Punta dei Tre Cappuccini-MONTE EMILIUS-Triangolo Nero-Testa Blantsette-Becca di Seneva-Le Cordagnì-Torrioni di Seneva-Punte di Seneva
/South, Central and North)-Mont Père Laurent Group. To West-northwest between Arbolle/Comboé (Plan Valé)/Arpisson Walloons Piccolo Emilius-Mont Ròss de Comboé-Torre Rossa 3150 metres-Becca di Nona-La Dent 2736 metres Subgroup. To South-southwest between Comboé/Arbolle Walloons Mont Ròss de Comboé-Punte del Lago Gelato (various elevations)-Trident de Comboé (Northeast, Central and Southwest) Subgroup. To North between Saint Marcel/Fénis-Clavalité-High Comba Tersiva Valleys Punta del Tessonet-Petit Avert-GRAND AVERT (2991m) -Punta di Plan Rué-Mont Corquet-Mont Roux (in North-northwest)-La Torrasse- Mont Saint Julien Subgroup. WATERSHED WEST/EAST between Champorcher Valleys/High comba Tersiva-Savoney-Upper Champdepraz-Pana-Brenve-Possonei-Perlo Maison Sala-Ronc di Praye-Bechet Walloons: To East Tour du Pontonnet Southwestern Summit-Mont Moussaillon or Moutsaillon-Mont Delà-MONT GLACIER (3186m) -Gran Rossa /West and East)-Bocon Damon-Tête des Hommes-La Torretta-Cima Piana-Cima Perche-Punta Arcomy-Bec di Nona also Mont Dandasse-Tete du Mont-Testa Colon-Mont Charvatton-Punta Grand Tsasté-Serra di Biel Group. To Southeast between Giasset/Raty Walloons Gran Rossa Eastern Summit-Unnamed Quota 2504 metres-Becs Raty (Occidental, Central ans Oriental)-Bec Barmasse-Mont Ros Subgroup. NORTHERN APPENDAGES of W/E WATERSHED To Northwest between High Comba Tersiva/Savoney Vallons Mont Raf(f)ray or Raffrey-Bec de Viot-Bec d'Ause also d'Ansey-Tête de l'Orgère Subgroup. To North between Savoney/Upper Champdepraz Vallons Punta di Me(d)zove-Mont Belplà-Monte Iverta. Inside in Champdepraz Walloon to East Monte Orso and Great Gorge Crest. To North-northeast L'Invers del Lago Gelato-Testa Piana-Quota 2503 metres-Bec l'Espic Subgroup. To North-northwest between Bella Lana/Ponton Vallons Punta Raye Chevrère-Tetes de Plan Frêt (South and North)-Punta Charmontane-Bec Courbo-Bec Tolomon Subgroup. To Northeast between Ponton-Ruvic-Cima Nera (Plan Coca)-Valmeriana/Champdepraz Walloons MONTE AVIC (3006m) also Au-Mont Ruvic or Revi (to North Arete des Ponton)-Mont Giron-Cima Nera (South, Central and North) Group.
"Descending from Mont Avìc", by Natalino Massoni
To Northeast Fourchettes of Ruvic-Monte Barbeston-Mont Lyan-Testa del Filone small Subgroup. To North-northeast Mont Bec-Arete des Banchettes small Subgroup. To North between Champdepraz/Pana Vallons Cima Piana-Mont Grimon-Mont La Pertze-Bec di Nona Subgroup. To Northeast between Pana/Brenve Walloons Bec Gavin-Bec del Merlo Subgroup.
"Mont Ruvìc North Face from Barbeston", by Osw
"Mont Raf(f)ray Subgroup", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Per concludere, é stata lasciata, buon ultima, questa vasta area che si estende a Settentrione della vera e propria Catena del Gran Paradiso e dalla cresta spartiacque con la Regione Piemonte. Essa risulta formata da un grande triangolo isoscele con la base rivolta alla Valle Centrale del Fiume Dora Baltea e con i suoi tre apici in Nord sulla cresta di confine presso la Cima di Peradzà, a Nordovest con la Punta de la Pierre sopra i Comuni di Aymavilles e Jovençan ed a Nordest con le ultime propaggini del Mont Charvatton sopra i Comuni di Pont Bozet, Hone ed Issogne. Due valli la delimitano nettamente: quella di Cogne che scende a Nordovest con il Torrent Grand'Eyvia verso Aymavilles e quella di Champorcher in senso diametralmente opposto verso Nordest con il Torrent Ayasse verso Hone e Bard, dove, appena al di là della sua confluenza con la Dora Baltea, si erge imperiosa la Fortezza di Bard, imprevisto ostacolo momentaneo all'avanzata di Napoleone. Son le uniche due valli, a differenza di tutte le altre perpendicolari, che scendono di "taglio" attraverso la Valle di Aosta. Importante zona mineraria con le sue miniere di pregiatissima Magnetite a Cogne (Filoni di Larsinaz, Colonna e Costa del Pino), di ferro, rame e manganese (esiste anche l'alquanto raro violano) a Saint Marcel (Chuc-Servette) e del settore Monte Barbeston-Monte Avic (Valmeriana, Herin e del Lago Gelato), risulta essere caratterizzata dalle numerose Riserve Naturalistiche.
"Mont Glacier Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^
Con il P.N.G.P., la Riserva Privata Turati (ex Barone Beck Peckoz) a Saint Marcel ed il Parco Naturale, nonché Regionale, del Monte Avic questo settore idrografico destro o Meridionale della Valle di Aosta risulta di gran lunga il più ricco "concedendo" all'opposto il solo Parco del Mont Mars all'inizio della Valle di Gressoney. Presenta una serie di gruppuscoli montuosi discendenti verso la Valle Centrale dalla Città di Aosta in direzione di quella che viene definita in loco la Bassa Valle. Tra questi si distinguono da Ovest verso Est in successione quelli di Emilius, Garin, Roèses, Avert, Tersiva, Glacier ed Avic. Un'area molto grande ed ancora fortunatamente molto selvaggia, anche se la costruzione progressiva di Rifugi e Bivacchi incomincia ad intaccare quel superbo fascino legato a qualcosa di affascinantemente misterioso che possedeva fino a circa trenta anni orsono.
"Avic Group", by emilius
^^^^^^^


Geography