Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 34.27296°N / 116.99083°W
Additional Information County: San Bernardino
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Additional Information Elevation: 7854 ft / 2394 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Hanna Rocks is a seldom visited summit near Big Bear Lake. There is no trail to the top. It requires a cross country scramble to reach the summit.

Getting There

From Fawnskin, CA, take Rim of the World to forest route 2N13 (on the left). Rim of the World turns into a dirt road befire the junction and 2N13 is a dirt road. Follow it to the base of Hanna Rocks. You can also take forest route 2N68. Sometimes the gates are closed for seasonal eagle nesting. In that case, you can park by the gate and hike about 2.5 miles to the base. 

Route

The main route is the south ridge, closest to the road, though it can be approached from almost any direction. Scramble 600' up class 2/3 boulders past a false summit to the summit area. There are three tall boulder piles, but the northernmost is the highest. A register in red cans is below the summit boulders and was placed in 8/10/2018 by Dave Comerzan and George Christiansen.

Red Tape

Adventure Pass might be requried. It is unclear if you park where there are no facilities.

When to Climb

All seasons, though there will be snow in the winter.

Camping

Hanna Flat Campground is nearby.

External Links

Trip Report: https://ironhiker.blogspot.com/2022/05/grays-peak-and-hanna-rocks.html

Peakbagger: https://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=66922