Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach

Too bad this one is off limits. Then again, it's nice for Mother Nature to get to keep one. From the spot near where I proposed. (Cannon Beach, Oregon)
Brian Jenkins
on Apr 9, 2007 3:49 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 283794

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 10, 2007 12:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks, it is a wonderful place.

rpc

rpc - Apr 18, 2007 12:09 am - Voted 10/10

Off limits?

you asked? Cool shot Brian. Always been wondering about that one.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 18, 2007 3:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Off limits?

There are signs there that say you can't go on it. It's like a monument or preserved place or something. Every day at low tide, there is also a truck that drives out and puts signs and has people there to keep people off parts of the tide pool too. Lots of nesting seabirds too. Looks like it would be a wet, mossy, guano climb too. It's pretty closely watched during times when it could be accessed. Ah well, we still have Beacon Rock.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Apr 26, 2007 9:45 pm - Voted 10/10

You proposed!!!?

Hey Brian - Ya gotta tell us about this!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 26, 2007 10:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You proposed!!!?

Hey you are the first to notice that (or to comment on it). Yes, I am engaged. Wedding later this Summer. I've dragged her up a few mountains, ran into bears with her, made her toenails fall off with my hikes and she STILL said yes. ;- )

How are things with you, sir? Still finding odd machine parts in the Gorge?

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - May 3, 2007 11:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations!!

Is this the same gal that you introduced to wild bears a few months ago! - wow, if so, she is one fine woman to still hang in there. I trust this wedding will take place in the appropriate high altitude or highly scenic location (with lots of your SP friends!)

I'm still finding cool stuff in the gorge and other places and lately have taken up lost waterfall locating and having a great time of it. Still working 50 and 60 hour weeks though and getting tired of that. Life is good, though - glad yours is going so well.

don


Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 4, 2007 3:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratulations!!

Thanks, Don. You know I saw a show on OPB about a lost waterfall I think somewhere in the Gorge (that could be wrong) and it was like a 100 foot one. Sounds like very neat stuff.

Yes, this is the same girl from that trip report. She is leery of my hikes still but does go to the rock gym with me occasionally. Our wedding will be in Cannon Beach on the shore but is going to be really small, just family. We plan on having a cookout or something for the climbing/hiking group too so I'll let you know about that when it gets planned.

You should defeinitely post some pages or custom article on any lost waterfalls. That is a really cool subject!

Brian

Viewing: 1-7 of 7