mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Good page! Route info would be helpful though for your page! Good start though and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Nov 28, 2004 2:46 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Hi thanks for your good vote. I will be adding to this over the nextt couple of days. I need to go back and get better pix.
Posted Nov 28, 2004 2:59 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you for stopping in and your good vote. I knew you had lots of great pix but didn't know you had so many pages of the Julian Alps

Especially liked the Mangart and Jalovec Group. One of these pictures had a great sense of elevation but not votes. I tried to remedy that.
Posted Nov 28, 2004 4:25 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Ok! Thanks to you too for checking my pages!!

Yes I very like Julian Alps!

Cheers!
Posted Nov 28, 2004 4:33 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Must...have...more photos.

Nice post. Too bad the good guys have such a constant struggle with the bad guys to protect these wild, unique places. Especially hard to protect the fragile eastern bits of ecosystem.

Too bad, also, that the bad guys generally win.

Posted Nov 28, 2004 7:33 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

This site is not just for birds is it?

It also has a hiking map.

BTW, you left the above link sitting there above the HTML version of the link, which you labeled ornithology. I am sure you will clean that up.

Good work!
Posted Nov 29, 2004 12:50 pm

jenniferdenoyaUntitled Comment

jenniferdenoya

Thanks for the contribution. Looking forward to more pics, I am sure they will come!
Posted Nov 29, 2004 8:33 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for stopping in to check out this peak in the Southern Appalachians. Thanks for your good vote!
Posted Nov 30, 2004 9:53 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Good work. A few more photos and route info would improve an already nice submission.
Posted Nov 30, 2004 12:09 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for viewing this tall knob. Hope to get down there in a while and get some good pix. Thank you for your good vote.
Posted Nov 30, 2004 12:32 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Seems like the most detailed directions I have ever seen!
Posted Dec 5, 2004 1:35 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Got it from Bill Gates! Thanks for viewing and your good vote. Enjoyed your pages on the mountains of the Southern Caspian!
Posted Dec 5, 2004 10:11 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page.

I thought I had that Hiking VA Falcon guide but I don't recognize the cover (maybe a new edition came out??)
Posted Dec 13, 2004 6:37 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for your visit and good vote. This is about the closest "high mountain" to me. Falcon second edition.
Posted Dec 13, 2004 7:16 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for your good vote. This is one of the closest "high mountains" to me.
Posted Nov 13, 2005 8:18 pm

e-docOmega

e-doc

Good page. A quick note. The Norton city HP and Scott county HP are a few minutes away. The ground up there is swiss cheese. The deepest cave east of the Mississippi lives inside the mountain, the Omega system. Never been in, its serious vertical and knarly. Really great views after a cold front moves through.Did I mention the DQ in downtown Norton?
Posted Sep 13, 2006 6:04 pm

dwhikeA Pleasant Suprise

dwhike

I must admit we weren't in the area looking for this peak but saw a sign and decided to check it out. What a surprise! The fall colors were amazing and the view of the surrounding ridges was gorgeous. I was even more surprised to find that it already had a page on SP. Don't know how I missed it. Great page for a nice little mountain!
Posted Oct 9, 2006 5:14 pm

CheesySciFiSad news

CheesySciFi

The observation tower on High Knob was destroyed by arson on the morning of Halloween. Arson on U.S. Forest Service land is punishable by a substantial term of involuntary confinement. Authorities are investigating at this time. Hopefully, they'll find the perpetrators soon.
Posted Nov 17, 2007 10:30 am