High up in space...

High up in space...

A view from high up in space of Quebec which somehow challenges earth bound views. Despite the low definition imagery it is possible to view the mounds at the bottom of the image ! Notice the Groulx hills a little further up and that set of hills just across the crater...A closer view of some relevent satellite imagery has us discover other mounds including an oddly shaped one which looks like a high enclosure except on the south side ! Notice Hudson's bay in the background... The sub image is of the Torngat Mountains east of Ungava bay which is at the most north easterly tip of the province... I guess that those stating their claims to the words and images of others might have a difficult time stating their claims with this one ! Notice upon expansion what looks like accidented topography immediately above (straight up) lake Mistassini which is the large crescent shaped lake above another crescent shaped lake above the crater (most probably the features to uncover are bogus...). Further east (north east of the crater) the Otish hills also stand out more remarkably... Maybe the province of Quebec has mountainous scenery which remains to be discovered... To be honest, the northern extension of the Groulx hills (immediately adjacent to the crater below the crater) seems to stand out more remarkably than expected (the northern extension on this image looks further east). Apart from the fear the unknown may evoke of the likes stories of large furry people, gigantic bears and other more objectionable tales of giant insects, the northern woods tend to be like all others and thus represent a challenge, abeit a true one, best adressed with the proper amount of preparation and equipment notwithstanding an aircraft to make life truely easier !
suddendescent
on Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm
Image Type(s): Panorama
Image ID: 674580

Comments

No comments posted yet.