Hiking route in Val Sedornia

Hiking route in Val Sedornia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.99571°N / 9.95730°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Val Sedornia
Val Sedornia is a lateral valley of Valle Seriana. It’s easily reached from Spiazzi di Gromo or from Gandellino.

Getting There

Motorway A4 Torino Venezia, until Bergamo gate. Then, follow for Val Seriana, direction Valbondione, until Gandellino. Here, follow until the little village of Tezzi Alti. Parking near the beginning of the paths.

Route Description

Little church
This hiking route, starts from Tezzi Alti of Gandellino, m. 969 and follow the path CAI n. 309 who cross a beautiful fir-wood, until the crossroad with stalle Cassinelli and the Vigna Soliva area.
Along the path after few time, the path reach a little church dedicated at San Carlo Borromeo and built in the 17 century. Prosecute until the end of the wood. Now you’re in a grassland. From here, you can follow the path … or not.
In this area you are free to walk around in the valley.

Essential Gear

Here comes the sun
Winter equipment in winter, with snow-boots or mountaineering-sky. Trekking gear from all the other seasons.
Winter view

Maps

Map
Kompass n. 104 Foppolo, valle Seriana 1:50.000
Alta Val seriana - Val di Scalve editore Canova, Clusone 1:40.000
Sentieri e rifugi - Comunità Montana Valle Seriana Superiore
Map area

weather conditions

You can find all the needed informations on the orobian site www.orobiemeteo.com

Red Tape

No special permission are required for this peak. you have only to respect the park rules and of course respect the nature. We are in the "Parco delle Orobie Bergamasche" who comprises the depositor native of Bergamo of the orobica chain.