Hobo Dinner

Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Additional Information Object Type: Camping Dinner
The ingredients; ground beef, carrots, potato, onion, white wine and seasonings to your liking.

Dice the potato into about 1 inch pieces and slice the carrots at about an inch in size as well. Pre cook(boil), for about 2 minutes, drain and set aside.

Take the beef and make into about 1/2 pound patties and slice the onions into rings.

Take extra wide tin foil and place the pattie, some of the carrots, potato and onion onto the foil. Add you seasoning, I prefer garlic and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Also add a teaspoon of olive oil, a splash of white wine and 2 tablepoons of butter. Wrap the foil around the food and take another piece of foil and wrap again. Try to wrap securely, you don't want the juices to leak out of the foil. One serving each, so repeat for a second meal(person)

Use a food saver and now preserve the meal. This meal is really meant for a campfire with open flame. After fire has subsided a bit, place foil wrapped meal along outer edge of fire and let cook for about 5 minutes, then rotate meal 180 degrees and cook for another 5 minutes. If there is a fire grate handy, you place foil wrapped food on grate and allow about 5 extra minutes for cooking time.

After 10 minutes take the meal off the fire and let sit for about 5 minutes. Then open foil and dig in. The foil can be used as your plate.

If you would rather make this be a stew, add a little more white wine and about 8 ounces ot tomato sauce. If you choose this option be very carefull while sealing in the food saver. Because of the added liquid, you don't want to squeeze the liquid out of the foil wrapped container.