Hombori Tondo, Mali, West Africa

Hombori Tondo, Mali, West Africa

I wish I could take the credit for this amazing shot but my buddy, Kevin Belida took this of the Hombori Tondo peaks, the highest point in Mali.
runawayreignbow
on Oct 11, 2008 4:08 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 451913

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Diggler

Diggler - Oct 22, 2008 6:31 pm - Voted 10/10

funny...

I took a look at this & said to myself 'this has to be in Africa,' although I didn't recognize the formation. Is it near the Hand of Fatima?? Looks awesome!

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Oct 24, 2008 12:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: funny...

it's around that area....both the Hand of Fatima and Hombori Tondo are in Hombori but I can't remember how far it was to drive between the two. We passed it I think 15-20 minutes down the road. And in a couple of my photos, while I'm on the Hand of Fatima, I believe it's these peaks in the background. It's truly amazing..I hope you get to go one day.

Diggler

Diggler - Oct 27, 2008 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: funny...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I would like to visit W Africa at some point (been to E Africa & it was an amazing experience).

Did you see this issue of Climbing? http://www.climbing.com/print/current/246/

This was also a good article (I'm envious!): http://www.climbing.com/exclusive/features/moroccangold246/index.html

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Oct 27, 2008 10:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: funny...

Yes. I've seen that issue. It's awesome but I wish I had had more beta about the climbs when I went. Everything was in French when we got there (and what I found beforehand too), although we could still use the symbols on the topos. There is nothing in English on the Hand of Fatima climbs. I am thinking about going back again because my friends who live there had just moved at the time and we just kind of went into the unknown and didn't go as far as we'd like. By now, they have climbed up the highest fingers and much more. I'm dying to go back!

Diggler

Diggler - Oct 28, 2008 12:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: funny...

You mean you don't speak French?! Just kidding.

Sounds like a great reason to go back (looks amazing)!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5