tarolThanks...

tarol

...for all the info, I hope to go here someday!
Posted Oct 22, 2006 12:56 am

Bob SihlerRe: Thanks...

Bob Sihler

Thank you! I think you'll like it-- your photos and pages suggest you would.
Posted Oct 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Augie MedinaExcellent page

Augie Medina

Wonderful "cultural" twist on your page.
Posted Oct 31, 2006 12:21 am

Bob SihlerRe: Excellent page

Bob Sihler

Thank you very much. It was a learning experience.
Posted Oct 31, 2006 12:48 am

Bob SihlerRe: Great

Bob Sihler

Thank you! I hope you get out there. It's a beautiful and humbling place.
Posted Dec 9, 2006 12:16 am

Bob SihlerRe: coords...

Bob Sihler

Thanks for pointing that out. I really don't know how I did that, but it's fixed now. And thanks for the comment on the shots!
Posted Feb 6, 2007 1:13 pm

Bob SihlerRe: coords...

Bob Sihler

Update-- I see that it's the photos that have the bad coordinates. I rarely use them for photos. I must have once used those coordinates for something and then the system automatically kept them for future submissions. I may have hundreds of photos with the same problem. Hopefully, most people will use the links on the main pages!

The change I made was to the main page.
Posted Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm

ScottCanyon page?

Scott

Good page, but perhaps change the page type to "canyon" rather than "area and range".
Posted Jun 21, 2007 10:33 am

Bob SihlerRe: Canyon page?

Bob Sihler

I originally did it that way, but changed it to an area because it is a unit of the park itself. I personally think canyon pages should be for smaller, narrower objects, but that's just my opinion. For example, I haven't checked the Grand Canyon page, but I know I'd have made it an area. Same thing with Black Canyon of the Gunnison, which I think is a canyon page on SP. Anyway, if it seems like a big deal, I'm happy to change it back. You are, after all, maintainer of the Canyonlands page, so I honestly don't want you thinking there are awkward submissions to your page.

Just let me know. As I said, I'm happy to change it back. That would also make the "climbers log" (quite a climb in and out!) reappear.
Posted Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am

Bob SihlerRe: Canyon page?

Bob Sihler

Edit: My mistake-- you're not the Canyonlands page owner, though I thought you were. Still, please tell me what you think concerning my other response.
Posted Jun 21, 2007 11:05 am

ScottRe: Canyon page?

Scott

It’s known as the detached unit, but still part of the Maze District (which has a page). It could be a “child” to that page?

I agree, but Horseshoe is pretty small compared to those two. Just my own thought.

Anyway, the only reason I made the suggestion is because I couldn’t find the page in the search function under canyons, but remembered that there was a page. I found it through the photos.

Anyway, I added links the Horseshoe page to some of my new route pages, if you wanted to take a look (I noticed you already saw the Bluejohn Page):

route page

I used one of your good photos too, if you don't mind. Lots of cool stuff to see in the area.
Posted Jun 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Canyon page?

Bob Sihler

I didn't know it was part of the Maze and always thought it was a fourth unit, and my maps and guides don't make that clear, but I'll take your word for it. I may know far more about Utah than most other Easterners do, but I think you know at least a tad bit more about it than I do! So I changed it back to a canyon.

And thanks for including the picture. I've read some of the Bluejohn pages but haven't gotten around to all of them yet (not enough break time at work, dammit). The one's I've seen so far are great, though I am a little surprised you posted them. Still, I read your reasoning for it and understand. It must be pretty disappointing when someone tells about your secret places. Then again, why not share when it's public land? Tough question. Many different takes on it.
Posted Jun 21, 2007 2:10 pm

D-boGreat page

D-bo

It's tough to describe the wonder of it, but you managed better than I could. The confession/conversion section was a great read. Thanks for sharing!
Posted Mar 17, 2009 2:43 am

Bob SihlerRe: Great page

Bob Sihler

Thank you. Yes, now I have a totally different appreciation of real rock art.
Posted Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm