Hruboskalsko Rock Town Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
visentin

visentin - Feb 10, 2011 10:12 am - Voted 10/10

Well done !

Perhaps you could attach it to the Sudetes page of Yatsek ?

ArankaP

ArankaP - Feb 10, 2011 11:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done !

Does this also belongs to Sudetes? It must be close to the boarder?

visentin

visentin - Feb 10, 2011 4:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Well done !

Czesky Raj is usually seen as the remote and southern hillside of that range. Perhaps in Czech Republic this definition is less common, since the word "Sudety" for a whole range is less common, and people tend to designate smaller entities (Krkonose, Jeseniky, etc). However the end of the Western Sudetes chapter, Yatsek included few fords about the "Czech Paradise", so I think the place for your page is there :)
Another place I'm looking forward to visit ! Are there any rock towns in the surrounding ?

ArankaP

ArankaP - Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done !

The thing is not whole Czesky Raj belong to Sudetes. I will check with Yatsek.
And BTW;
There are tons of rock towns, group of 10 to 50 formations all over. I'm planing to add more. Climbing most of any formation is allowed only with membership of ?eského horolezeckého svazu (?HS) or U.I.A.A (Union Internationale des Associations d’Alpinism), though the formation other than national parks as Hruboskalsko or Adrzbach are off road and not too exposed to the public. Some of these are very close by this area on the opposite side of town Turnov. They are called Suche skaly, Betlemske skaly, Klokocske skaly, Frydstejn.
Membership is only 400,- Kc per year. Folow this link http://www.horosvaz.cz/res/data/049/005703.pdf for more info on membership.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Hruboskalsko Rock Town ' main page