Camping Aneto

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 42.62183°N / 0.53970°E
Additional Information Elevation: 4311 ft / 1314 m

Convenient Refugio in Benasque

 
Puente Nuevo de Sant Chaime
The old Puente romanico de San Jaime leading to the Estos valley
 
Refugio - Camping Aneto
Outside the refugio

 
Kitchen in Camping Aneto refugio
The kitchen area in the refugio of Camping Aneto
 
2 tier bunks in the refugio
The two-tier bunks in the refugio.

Close to the areas of Maladeta/Aneto and Posets/Perdiguero, Camping Aneto has a number of facilities for the holiday maker but for the mountaineer, it's refugio is most useful, being above the town of Benasque and close to the access to the GR11 paths that lead into the Estos and Ballibierna valleys and provide access to the ranges of 3000 metre peaks.

The refugio has four available rooms with bunks for 4 to 6 people, each room having its own shower, wash-hand basin and WC. The rooms are also supported by a separate kitchen area with gas stove, refrigerators and freezer for food storage and cooking. Adequate tables and chairs are also provided for communal dining or relaxing after a hard day on the hills.

There is even a TV for entertainment and information about forthcoming weather.

There are reputedly other facilities on site such as a shop, bar, restaurant etc. but as we have not seen these open during our visits in June we recommend that you telephone ahead of your visit to check availability.

Update: Stayed here from June 12th to June 19th 2010 - Restaurant, Bar and Supermarket were open.

The bar staff agreed to a special "mixed gorilla" for our last night's meal and very delicious it was too:

Dos huevos fritos, ensalada mixta, lomo de cerdo, salchichon, ternera y patatas fritas.

Contact details

Camping Aneto - Benasque

Telephone: (+34) 974 551 141
Fax: (+34) 974 551 663

Address: 22440, Benasque (Huesca), Spain

The site is just a few kilometres outside the town of Benasque heading north-east on the A 139 road.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: BenasqueHuts & Campgrounds
 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.